PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Hits Sedalia, MO

snagel
05-25-2011, 18:11
What the heck did the midwest do to rattle the rain gods? Started getting alerts today at 11:30 and started craming 300 people in the front office of a huge manufacturing building.

When it was done, a tornado hit the south side of Sedalia. A lot of damage, but pale in comparison to what happened in Joplin.

See damage at www.kmbc.com (http://www.kmbc.com)

Snagel

navyhmc
05-25-2011, 22:10
I has indeed been very crazy for the last few days/weeks to say the least.

In the past, a lot of us - me included would look at the tornado warning on TV and then go outside and look. Not any more! Of course, the last 5 tornado warnings here, I've been thinking "Oh carp! I'm right where I shouldn't be" and can't do anything about it because of being on duty. Lots of folks are definitely rethinking a nonchalant attitude to these storms.

Skred
05-26-2011, 14:45
I work in Overland Park and we spent an hour in the building stairwell with the tornado sirens wailing yesterday. There was a confirmed touchdown just south of us but thankfully not much damage and no report of injuries. Oh, and we were on the first day of a two day fund raiser for the victims in Joplin. Just have never seen anything like this year.

snagel
05-26-2011, 18:19
I was actually watching the radar and watching the cell that was hitting the KC area. Then all of a sudden the cell just south of us "blew up". Had to use some dive technique "stop, think, act" to calm myself down because at first wasn't believing what I was seeing.

Snagel

Rileybri
05-26-2011, 20:48
We had a small twister in Vermont today! Its getting crazy out there.........