PDA

View Full Version : upload photos

broncrider
06-04-2011, 06:30
Is anyone else having problems uploading photos? i have tried from my computer and tried using flickr. neither process will upload. any suggestions?

ScubaToys Larry
06-04-2011, 07:18
I'll just do a quick test here... 9409

Ok... That worked from the computer.. here is one from a url...

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/gauges/pics/tusa/TusaIQ900-sm.jpg

So is it a huge file?? Or what problem are you having??

broncrider
06-05-2011, 15:56
the files are anywhere from 133k to 250k, so i dont think size is a problem. it will get halfway through loading a photo and then just stop and basically freeze up, after a few minutes it will quit trying.

ScubaToys Larry
06-05-2011, 17:28
I'll try a big one from here... 9422
That one is 400K and went up in a matter of a few seconds (but I'm on Fios here). I think it must be on your side.

Maybe try a different browser... I'm using firefox.... might make a difference.

diversteve
06-05-2011, 21:10
One thing about flickr is that the link in the "Grab the Link" dropdown is not to the actual image but rather to it's alias on flickr.

You need the url found in the link in the Grab the HTLM/BBCode option below it.

The first part of the BBCode is the actual url for your image on flickr - everything between the first set of [ img] tags goes in the Insert Image box here.

Or just paste the whole BBCode link here using the Insert link tag.

Don't use the HTML code as HTML code is turned off here.

Vlane
06-05-2011, 21:26
If you're looking for a quick place to host an image try imgur (www.imgur.com). I've never had any problems uploading onto it and if you upload photos often you can create a free account so you can manage your images. In my opinion it's one of the better free hosting sites out there.

ScubaToys Larry
06-05-2011, 21:51
You can also try putting it up in our Gallery... Scuba Toys Photo Gallery (http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/index.php)

broncrider
06-06-2011, 04:17
Finally got it to upload, using firefox and resizing picture to small. they were about 60k apiece.