PDA

View Full Version : If you're bored....

navyhmc
06-15-2011, 02:42
We just finished up with our local "River Festival" 10 days of hell for those of us in public service. Always happy when it's over. This year was more fun than most as I got to be a bike medic for the festival. A lot of riding and little boredom.

Now, if you're bored, check out: www.peopleofriverfest.com (http://www.peopleofriverfest.com) there are a lot of great (People of Walmart type) photos of our local Springer fodder. No, I'm not in any of the photos. :smiley36:

snagel
06-15-2011, 05:27
So, what exactly is Riverfest? Looks like a reason to get drunk and dress up (or down).

Snagel

navyhmc
06-15-2011, 05:40
That's exactly it Snagel! 10 days of beer, sun, heat, fair food, sometimes bad music (heard the absolutely worst rendition of Styx Renegade.) heat, dehydration and ems calls. Look at the photos! Look at the photos!!!

It started in the 1890's, was resurrected in the 1970's and is probably past it's heyday. I do miss the antique bath tub races though.

fab50diver
06-15-2011, 06:06
Looks like an event to avoid!

Udvar
06-15-2011, 09:26
That's exactly it Snagel! 10 days of beer, sun, heat, fair food, sometimes bad music (heard the absolutely worst rendition of Styx Renegade.) heat, dehydration and ems calls.

We have a similar event in Culpeper, Virginia (this is the event that Christopher Reeves sustained his cervical injury at - I was one of the emts that responded) except it is the exact opposite. Imagine the same people only wearing tuxedos and hoop skirts standing in a large field, drinking way too much, in 98 degree temperatures with 92% humidity, all smelling like horse. I would change the quote above to describe this event thusly:

"10 days of wine, sun, heat, very expensive fair food, sometimes bad music (heard the absolutely worst rendition of Styx Renegade.) heat, dehydration and ems calls."

And do not get me started on "Civil War Reenactment" festivals! Dark blue wool in the summer, really???
:smiley5:

PACKRMAN
06-15-2011, 12:34
We just finished up with our local "River Festival" 10 days of hell for those of us in public service. Always happy when it's over. This year was more fun than most as I got to be a bike medic for the festival. A lot of riding and little boredom.

Now, if you're bored, check out: www.peopleofriverfest.com (http://www.peopleofriverfest.com) there are a lot of great (People of Walmart type) photos of our local Springer fodder. No, I'm not in any of the photos. :smiley36:

I thought you said you wern't in the pictures?
I recognize you in the probation t-shirt even with the sun glasses.

scubajane
06-15-2011, 18:15
wow I need eye wash.... the fluffy boots look like cotton candy. and I did not know that folks on probation could afford beard extensions. although he only needed 2.

DiveHard
06-15-2011, 19:13
Festivals like these are put on to bring out the strange ones so the GPS locators can be re-calibrated to track them.

Bert
06-15-2011, 20:31
Thats why I wear a tinfoil hat when I out side cause THEY are watching me:spyme:

buddha0724
06-16-2011, 06:51
Looks like fun to me!

DiveHard
06-16-2011, 15:31
Thats why I wear a tinfoil hat when I out side cause THEY are watching me:spyme:

Tin foil hats don't work! You need to use a metal screened noodle strainer! The words noodle strainer is CODE! The foil is for your windows to deflect the laser beams. Building a plastic shell around the house and playing heavy metal music between the gap will keep them from listening in.