PDA

View Full Version : Sizing a wetsuit

robjoubert
09-16-2007, 23:25
Hi all,

from wading through all these posts, it seems that each wetsuits' manufacturer sizes their suits differently - even some brands from the same manufacturer are different.

BUT - what about us "pear shaped" people? For my waist and chest, I need to buy a suit for a person that is over 6' 2" - and I am under 6'!!

Larry or Joe - any suggestions on what size and / or brand I should look at? (I live and dive in SoCal so I need a 5mm or a 7mm.)

Thanks

LunarFear
07-19-2008, 01:33
When I was looking to get a wetsuit at my LDS they said to look at my weight and core measurements and get a suit that would work even if the legs and arms were to long. Then I could either get it altered, (4 inches removed from the legs and arms), or they could just order a new one with the excess already removed from the factory at no additional charge. I don't know if this helps or not but it is from my experience.

I'm under 6' and require a suit for someone over 6' as well.

character157
07-19-2008, 07:42
Sometimes you can purchase a two separate sizes if you are going with a two piece....or there are some places that will do custom sizes if you have the cash.

fisheater
07-19-2008, 10:42
Same problem here.

I solved it with a custom wetsuit. Ended up being the priced almost the same as off-the-rack wetsuits that didn't even come close to fitting me.

I ordered it on a Monday and it was delivered to my house on Friday of that week.

Check out Custom Wetsuits, Scuba Diving Skins, Parkas from AquaFlite (http://www.aquaflite.com)

SlvrDragon50
07-19-2008, 14:38
Did you get the Oceanliner Titanium lining?

They have pretty good prices..