PDA

View Full Version : Pro Ear Mask - Does it Work?

Mike126
09-17-2007, 10:43
I have a history of right ear issues - equalizing and inner ear infections etc. I was looking at the Pro Ear mask and wanted to know if anyone uses it and how they like it?

Has it made equalizing easier?

What happens if it floods?

kancho
09-18-2007, 10:44
I injured my ear but it has healed now but I want to take extra precaution so if someone uses this can you give some feedback?

Wick00311
10-03-2007, 15:20
I plan on purchasing the mask and the special hood that was made for it. I will let you know how it works out. Of what I have heard, the majority of people use it to keep the water out of their ears, to stop possible infection.

Wick00311
10-15-2007, 09:41
Well I dove with the mask in Athens Scuba Park, Athens Tx. I will say that it is difficult to put on and get things situated. I did not help me equalizing, as I was still slow to equalize. It did keep water out of my ears during the dive. However, moving your head around will let water in the ear cup. Purging was easy enough, but I thought I was purging water out of the ear cup way too much. I want to try using the mask with the hood to see if it helps secure the seal around the ears better. All in all, I think it was worth keeping my ears dry, as I didn't have to take any sudafed to rid the water in my ears. It was worth the $50 bucks I spent at scubatoys, and I will continue to use it.