PDA

View Full Version : CheapCaribbean.com?

CC1020
09-17-2007, 13:10
Has anyone tried booking a trip through CheapCaribbean.com? I get weekly newsletters from them, and they have some great travel deals going, but i am wondering how well these trips actually work out. Some of the packages with all-inclusive airfare, meals, etc. are just amazing, but I'm wondering if this is one of those too-good-to-be-true kind of situations. I asked this same question a while back on ScubaBoard, and got almost no response, so i was hoping for some input here on ST Forum.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

sudnit5
09-17-2007, 13:18
It looks really good. I have not used it, but some reviews online state that it is a really good, and others have said that the prices have changed after they booked. People say their customer service is excellent though, so if you have a problem they will fix it.

ScubaToys Larry
09-17-2007, 13:45
I've never used them, and don't know anyone who has... but I did a quick search, and they are who they say they are on their web page according to networksolutions and they show up in a listing for the Chamber of Commerce in Doylestown PA

http://centralbuckschamber.com/expo/2007.htm

So seems pretty legit. Could try the BBB in PA or call the chamber of commerce off the link I put above.

CC1020
09-17-2007, 15:11
Thanks very much for the responses :) The prices are so good, even a really crummy experience wouldn't be all that bad...lol. Thanks for the link Larry... as usual, you guys rock, but I guess you probably know that by now :D

SHAGGY
09-17-2007, 21:13
I've checked around and the lowest prices that I was able to find anywhere on the web or at a travel agent was through either Travelocity or Orbitz. They were usually within $20 of each other for the exact time and travel plans. I booked a trip to Cozumel for this November for 5 days 4 nights with Travelocity for $855.32 for 2 people from Houston. Now its not a 5 star Hotel but its just me and my brother and we're going for the diving not for any fancy hotel stuff, but not bad for $427.66 per person after taxes.

ertechsg
09-17-2007, 21:20
I've checked around and the lowest prices that I was able to find anywhere on the web or at a travel agent was through either Travelocity or Orbitz. They were usually within $20 of each other for the exact time and travel plans. I booked a trip to Cozumel for this November for 5 days 4 nights with Travelocity for $855.32 for 2 people from Houston. Now its not a 5 star Hotel but its just me and my brother and we're going for the diving not for any fancy hotel stuff, but not bad for $427.66 per person after taxes.
Not bad but now add 3 days of diving + tip and food ..drink about 850 -900 per person also try bayadventure.com

CC1020
09-18-2007, 10:32
Thanks for the additional info everybody

scubasamurai
09-18-2007, 13:27
i met a couple in st marteens that used them, and they stated "they were great for the price" so give it a shot

kroorda
09-18-2007, 14:46
Every month, in Scuba Diving Magazine, there is a section titled, "Good Deals." I have found that their suggestions are truly good deals as they don't recommend flakey places/operations. Too often, low prices equals poor service. The recommendations you see in SDM are a great place to look at. My favorite 'good deal': Beqa Lagoon Resort... in Fiji. The price includes everything INCLUDING RT airfare from LA. Look at www.beqalagoonresort.com (http://www.beqalagoonresort.com)

SYOTABUCS
09-18-2007, 16:09
Just compared them to a trip I put together in December. I like my price better. But maybe for some of the "deals" will have to keep checking back.

citykid
09-19-2007, 11:41
I have used them a number of times. And am even going on a trip in a couple of weeks through them.
They are legit. Nothing but good things to say. And I hardly say nice things. :smiley2:

DZorn00
09-19-2007, 12:18
Not sure how they are nor have heard anything but my local travel agency has their website on their window, so they can't be to bad if they are.