PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Vegas

makenai
07-09-2007, 22:41
Hi all,

My friend and I recently decided to sign up for a scuba course here in Las Vegas. I've been registering at a couple of the more interesting boards around - including scubaboard and digidiver. Everywhere I looked there was nothing but praise for scubatoys, so I plan to a good big of shopping here in the near future after I'm certified.

My initial mask, fins and snorkel were all purchased at my LDS since they did provide good service and were very helpful in answering my questions. I knew that there would be a bit of a markup for buying from them, but frankly I was a bit surprised by how much of a markup there was after I did a comparison with the prices here. I'll come here first next time!

Lucky(AR)
07-22-2007, 09:51
welcome, vegas is the BOMB i love it just got back...hey maybe they will let you dive the shark tour at mandalion bay...lol

Lucky(AR)
07-22-2007, 09:52
local dive shops will drain ya i have saved almost 1100.00 on gear ordering online...and scubatoys is the best

Dive-aholic
07-23-2007, 00:08
Welcome, makenai! There's some decent diving up your way. Mead isn't so great, but Mohave, only an hour and a half drive south has some decent diving. Make sure you let us know how your course goes.

Moxie
07-23-2007, 08:27
Well you have hit up my three favourite boards, so welcome and have fun!

JipThePeople
09-19-2007, 17:33
I try to support my local shop but the markup is too high, the selection is limited to high-end gear, and with few exceptions they just don't deal. I want my LDS to remain in business but I expect them to meet me halfway when I choose to pay a bit more in their store rather than travel to Scuba Toys which is a further drive. The end result? I have bought 99% of all my gear by driving the extra miles to ST.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-19-2007, 18:39
hello and welcome