PDA

View Full Version : Full Face Mask

USMCRet
09-17-2007, 17:10
How many folks are using/have used a full face mask? I picked one up off of Craigslist a few weeks ago (a Oceanreef Neptune II). I had it checked out by my LDS and took the FFM specialty this past weekend. I love the way I can breath through my nose with it (no more DRY MOUTH!), but hate the way it bleeds air around the edges, and when I'm in an inverted position (diving downward).

Any thoughts, hints, suggestions on how to make FFM diving more enjoyable? I have already placed a quick disconnect and surface air valve on order, and am hoping they arrive in the next few days, as I am doing a Flower Garden trip this weekend.
:smiley1:
USMCRet

ScubaToys Larry
09-17-2007, 17:12
Could have stopped in and pick them up... we stock those items. What's the bold red???

WV Diver
09-17-2007, 17:30
WOW, that hurts my eyes. I use these fairly reguarly and mine has a comm unit on it. They are definately not made to be inverted and can breathe wet when when you are. The snorkel is a needed accessory I think.

As far as bleeding around the edges, this is a matter of how well you have made the adjustments to the mask when putting it on. I find it is best to have someone just hold the mask up for you and begin by placing the center of the harness in the middle and a little high (center) of the back of your head and adjust the six straps so that it stays this way. After a few times you will be able to do this by yourself.

Folks with narrow faces always seem to have fitting problems with these masks.

Splitlip
09-17-2007, 19:21
What's the bold red???

US Marine.

TommyB
09-17-2007, 21:34
No problems :)

Every post I come see from him in that font 4 bold red I have been fixing it.
Not real sure what the issue is with that bold red font but really needs to stop due to the complaints on it.

Not trying to be an arse, but really no need to make every single post you make BOLD RED--

Marine or not--