PDA

View Full Version : Water in my Bladder?

FastPirate
09-17-2007, 19:11
hey, i just got my first BCD its a Riptied UCT, and yesterday i took it on my frsit dive, today i cleaned it off and found water in teh blatter...id say about 12 fl oz of water or soo...doesnt seem like that should happen....suggestions???im worried about mold or soemthing forming in there, what should i do?

i jsut bought the bcd from scubatoys, ill prolly just call them tommorrow anyway...

WV Diver
09-17-2007, 19:18
This is normal and not a big problem. Just drain it out and put some air in the bladder and hang it up. If you are further concerned there are commercial detergents you can put in it to kill whatever. Larry can tell you what best to buy.

DevilDiver
09-17-2007, 19:44
Underwater every time you press the button on your inflater hose water has the opportunity to enter the bladder. It is normal and not an issue.

Saltwater and fresh have critters in them so it is a good idea to rinse and clean to keep stuff from growing. Saltwater if not rinsed out can form crystals that could damage the bladder as well....:smiley20:

wxboy911
09-17-2007, 19:51
I had the same and its no problem...I try and rinse out the bladder of my BC several times with clean water from the hose. I fill it up about a third and then inflate manually. Swirl the water around and then open one of the valves to let the water out. Leave some air inside so the bladder wont stick and you are good to go.

ScubaToys Larry
09-17-2007, 19:54
If you get a lot of water in, it just means you are holding the deflate button a bit too long. Watch it as you press it next time... if air is not going out, that means water is probably going in!

TommyB
09-17-2007, 21:30
I chunk mine in the pool and let it sit. I remove the 2 dump valves on the bladders lower part (brigade).
Then rinse it after letting it sit in the pool about an hour. yea yea, I know what's coming next --- pool water will fade it , etc etc..

Not too much diffence in my pool water and the house water-- so there :)

Only issue I have is the pool boy griping about all the sand and shells in the pool-- But that's what I'm paying him to do, clean the pool..

Zenagirl
09-17-2007, 21:58
After rinsing well with fresh water I always add a cap of Listerine to the bladder with about a cup of water and swish well, then drain. After the BC has sat with a little air in it for a couple of days, I drain the water that's settled out.

Capt Hook
09-17-2007, 23:12
Every time i see this thread i think, ok I'm going to say it:

Pee in your wetsuit!

sorry

pnevai
09-18-2007, 00:47
This is normal and not a big problem. Just drain it.
Put Listerine in it to kill whatever. Larry can tell you to enter the bladder. It is normal and not an issue.
It just means you are holding a bit too long.
It is not going out. It is probably going in!
I know what's coming next. I'm coming next-- swish well
Only issue I have is the big pool boy griping about all the sand.
But that's what I'm paying him to do, clean the hose
I chunk mine in the pool and let it sit

This was created using some of the phrases and words used in the posts above. NOW don't you feel dirty??:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

danielh03
09-18-2007, 01:04
You know, I would be more concerned if I didn't get any water in my bladder!

pnevai
09-18-2007, 01:21
Yup you might have

"mold, critters, crystals, or soemthing forming in there"

I can go on forever with this thread.