PDA

View Full Version : Norfork this weekend?

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 19:20
Is anyone planning on doing any diving there this weekend?

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 21:09
It is a big possibility...depends on what I get sone this week...will let you know.....fishing is GREAT right now!

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 22:05
Awesome! For now I am planning on heading down Friday afternoon when my last class gets out and staying until Sunday.

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 08:20
Awesome! For now I am planning on heading down Friday afternoon when my last class gets out and staying until Sunday.
Did you have any sites in particular that you wanted to dive? Do you fish?( spear)

billucusdiver
09-20-2007, 17:20
It looks like I am headed to Norfork as well. Would like to do some spearfishing if I could just find something worth shooting. Maybe a little treasure hunting as well.

billucusdiver
09-20-2007, 17:22
Payne, If you want to get something going I have a boat.

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 21:05
Haha, thanks! Hopefully I remember how to get to your house so we can head out tomorrow. :smiley36:

billucusdiver
09-20-2007, 21:10
Well if not, you know where the boat is.

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 21:25
Did you install a compressor on there yet?

billucusdiver
09-20-2007, 21:32
The compressor is not on the boat yet but, about everythig else is ready.

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 23:24
You will have to look us up and we KNOW where some great fishing spots are.....I will pm you my cell number....:wave2:

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 23:28
You will have to look us up and we KNOW where some great fishing spots are.....I will pm you my cell number....:wave2:

Are you going to be out and about on the lake this weekend? I'll make sure he checks his PMs before we head out tomorrow!

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 23:38

Are you going to be out and about on the lake this weekend? I'll make sure he checks his PMs before we head out tomorrow!
Looking that way.....if we don't take the helicopter to the lake we will be there early (AM) if we do it will be noon or better before we get there.

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 23:41
The helicopter!?!!? I like the way you travel! Feel free to swing through here and pick me up! Ive got 10 acres so landing shouldn't be an issue haha

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 23:57
The helicopter!?!!? I like the way you travel! Feel free to swing through here and pick me up! Ive got 10 acres so landing shouldn't be an issue haha
It's our buddies and he lands on our farm and scares the heck out of the cows...too funny....you ought to see the lake from up there.....we start at the dam and go down the lake near 101 where he has property...our place is at henderson and our boat is docked on the back side of henderson near the house-boats.

Bring the Payne
09-21-2007, 00:06
I need a friend like that!! And on a side note, I am glad you are on this board....you really help my post count haha 250 will be in sight soon.

Charlotte Smith
09-21-2007, 00:14
I need a friend like that!! And on a side note, I am glad you are on this board....you really help my post count haha 250 will be in sight soon.
I hear ya...I just spent my 60.00 and add the extra 10% off and got a STEAL ona Zeagle octo/inflator combo...will be here MONDAY! Just got UPS not. How cool is that?????? Thank you SCUBA TOYS!!!!!

cummings66
09-21-2007, 18:06
Speaking of heli's and such, I'm a pilot and own my plane and to date have yet to use it to go diving. I've kind of decided that for the most part I don't want to do a shallow dive, nor do I want to skip diving the day I come home and I'm not sure I'm willing to assume the risk of a hit in order to fly.

Since you mentioned the heli and diving, how do you work it? I know some pilots who breathe O2 and hope they offgas enough to not take a hit, again I'm not willing to risk it myself but I am curious as to how you deal with it? I'm guessing you just fly low like heli's do in contrast to an airplane which is usually higher.

Charlotte Smith
09-25-2007, 14:39
Speaking of heli's and such, I'm a pilot and own my plane and to date have yet to use it to go diving. I've kind of decided that for the most part I don't want to do a shallow dive, nor do I want to skip diving the day I come home and I'm not sure I'm willing to assume the risk of a hit in order to fly.

Since you mentioned the heli and diving, how do you work it? I know some pilots who breathe O2 and hope they offgas enough to not take a hit, again I'm not willing to risk it myself but I am curious as to how you deal with it? I'm guessing you just fly low like heli's do in contrast to an airplane which is usually higher.
We follow the highline wire route (most of the time ) we are usually just above the tree line and the sight seeing is great to and from the lake! It only takes us about 45 minutes but that includes the taking off and landing. We don't get to take the heli that often but when he offers we are ready to go!

cummings66
09-27-2007, 11:57
I would too, I like Heli's. The feel is completely unlike that of a plane, and you see much more.

Charlotte Smith
09-27-2007, 22:26
I would too, I like Heli's. The feel is completely unlike that of a plane, and you see much more.
I have some great pics of the lake from the helicopter...it almost looks like Florida around Robinson Point and Sand Island and that is how we found a couple of dive sights...amazing what you can see from above...

cummings66
09-28-2007, 18:01
Yeah, I actually use my plane to scout out some new sights and have found some that way. It's tougher though, when a plane flies low people assume it's a terrorist or a crash in progress, when a heli does it nobody bats an eye.

Did you know I once had a business call the FBI on me and evacuate a building when I flew over? I wasn't even low, had about 1000 feet below me and they were on the approach path for an instrument landing to boot. People do silly things when an airplane flies but let it slide for helicopters for some reason.

Charlotte Smith
09-28-2007, 22:02
Yeah, I actually use my plane to scout out some new sights and have found some that way. It's tougher though, when a plane flies low people assume it's a terrorist or a crash in progress, when a heli does it nobody bats an eye.

Did you know I once had a business call the FBI on me and evacuate a building when I flew over? I wasn't even low, had about 1000 feet below me and they were on the approach path for an instrument landing to boot. People do silly things when an airplane flies but let it slide for helicopters for some reason.
Some are a little gun shy, I guess, you can fly over us anytime...one of our contractors flys over our house all of the time , sometimes low enough to rattle the windows...we know he's just saying Hello but some are so afraid of what they don't have knowledge about....Looks like the terrorists suceeded in putting fear in alot of people but one things for sure...I am not one of them.... You are right about the helicopter though...most people go out of their way to wave to us when we pass by...

Bring the Payne
10-03-2007, 00:26
Hey I think we are heading back down to norfork this weekend. Who else is going?

Charlotte Smith
10-03-2007, 08:24
Hey I think we are heading back down to norfork this weekend. Who else is going?
We aren't sure yet as we have 90 acres of Hay to get out of the field but God willing we will be there....One of our newly certified friends is going to be there but I wouldn't suggest diving with him cause he isn't very experienced yet and even makes us mad at some of his mishaps underwater...we are trying to teach him more but IMO he didn't need to be certified yet.

Bring the Payne
10-05-2007, 14:36
Are you going to make it down?

Charlotte Smith
10-07-2007, 07:28
Are you going to make it down?
Nope...guess you figured it out by now....been in the fields with the hay til dark thirty every night and today looks better....maybe we will finish up. May go next weekend for the last time.....
BTW- we are flying this afternoon so if you see a heli down low don't worry it's just us!:smiley2:

Bring the Payne
10-07-2007, 23:59
Sorry you couldn't make it! We did some diving near the dam and had pretty good visibility. Billicusdiver shot a couple nice channel cats and a walleye.

Charlotte Smith
10-08-2007, 01:54
Sorry you couldn't make it! We did some diving near the dam and had pretty good visibility. Billicusdiver shot a couple nice channel cats and a walleye.
:smiley20:How big was the walleye? Sounds like you guys had fun...when are you going again?

Bring the Payne
10-08-2007, 14:40
:smiley20:How big was the walleye? Sounds like you guys had fun...when are you going again?

The channel cats were decent sized, Im just guessing here but the larger one was probably around 4-5 lbs and the walleye was maybe 20 inches. We did get teased by several large bass that must know they can't be shot since they like to taunt you haha. It was all a lot of fun though and I got to use the liquidskin mask which was great! I think its going to be a little while before we get back down there. Billicusdiver is doing some work next weekend and the following we will both be out of town and the end of the month I have a ton of magazines to build so it's looking like the first week of November. I'd imagine the weather will be significantly cooler by then so it gives me a great excuse to buy a dry suit during my little diving hiatus :D .