PDA

View Full Version : Add a compass to Aeris Atmos 2 nitrox

jwdizney
09-17-2007, 20:12
We recently purchased DISNEYMOM a new atmos 2 nitrox console comp but didn't include the compass, since she has one from her other console. rather than use a wrist mount boot, is there an adapter or something available to put her compass on the console like the 'store bought' version w/ compass?

ScubaToys Larry
09-17-2007, 20:22
We recently purchased DISNEYMOM a new atmos 2 nitrox console comp but didn't include the compass, since she has one from her other console. rather than use a wrist mount boot, is there an adapter or something available to put her compass on the console like the 'store bought' version w/ compass?

You can buy just the boot that attaches to the top of the console, and if the other compass is an oceanic/aeris or sherwood - it will pop right in.

jwdizney
09-17-2007, 20:24
Perfect! thanks Larry... something else for my ST shopping trip!....:smiley2:

Charlotte Smith
09-18-2007, 07:29
Perfect! thanks Larry... something else for my ST shopping trip!....:smiley2:
I have a question about your wife's compass...does the outside ring spin easily, like if you bump it with your hand or something else? This is one reason I have MY compass on a retractor for navigating and opted for a Mares compass (@40.00)....which works much better for me...but that's just me....

ScubaToys Larry
09-18-2007, 08:13
I have a question about your wife's compass...does the outside ring spin easily, like if you bump it with your hand or something else?

The oceanic / aeris compass bezels are pretty easy to spin, but that can be good or bad. It's also why they set up most their boots to protect the compass from being hit. Notice how high the sides are, and how low the bezel is in this picture:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/accessories/pics/compasstrio.jpg

But the important thing is everyone gets something that works for them!

Charlotte Smith
09-18-2007, 08:16
I have a question about your wife's compass...does the outside ring spin easily, like if you bump it with your hand or something else?

The oceanic / aeris compass bezels are pretty easy to spin, but that can be good or bad. It's also why they set up most their boots to protect the compass from being hit. Notice how high the sides are, and how low the bezel is in this picture:

Wish mine had been that way.....my other one has NO sides on it thus the free spinning.....

jwdizney
09-18-2007, 08:37

what he said... hers is sherwood.. doesn't spin so easy that it can be bumped out of setting....

ScubaToys Larry
09-18-2007, 08:46
hers is sherwood.. doesn't spin so easy that it can be bumped out of setting....

Just so you know... little secret here... If hers is a sherwood, hers is an oceanic. :whisper: