PDA

View Full Version : I need a pocket for my light!

chefchris
09-17-2007, 21:02
I'm looking for some kind of pocket/puch to keep my light in. I have an Underwater Kinetics SL6. Can't seem to find one. I would prefer it be on ScubaToys. :smiley4:

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 21:17
I'm looking for some kind of pocket/puch to keep my light in. I have an Underwater Kinetics SL6. Can't seem to find one. I would prefer it be on ScubaToys. :smiley4:
I had my wetsuit customized with pockets for just that reason.....but thats just me....

chinacat46
09-17-2007, 21:38
Dive Rite makes a number of different pockets and Scuba Toys sells Dive Rite.

mdwestgrl
09-18-2007, 09:58
Can you put it on a retractor so you don't have to have a pocket? That is how I have my light. Very accessible and easy to use.

chefchris
09-18-2007, 10:01
i just found a Dive Rite mask/accesory pocket, so I'll try it. If it's too big/small then I planned on purchasing a backup mask anyways.

To me it seems like a retractor would leave it dangling.

jo8243
09-18-2007, 10:27
i just found a Dive Rite mask/accesory pocket, so I'll try it. If it's too big/small then I planned on purchasing a backup mask anyways.

IF it is dangling you probably need to move it up higher on the BC and/or use two connection points. I do the latter.

ccarter
09-18-2007, 10:55

IF it is dangling you probably need to move it up higher on the BC and/or use two connection points. I do the latter.
I use two connection points for my light as well.. one is a locking retractor and the other is just a brass clip. Works pretty well.

Vercingetorix
09-18-2007, 16:58
zip-tie it to a snap-clip. Clip the snap-clip a D-ring on the BC. Use surgical tubing to hold the light flat against the harness webbing. Now, it's readily accessible, doesn't dangle, requires no extra pocket just for it (or take-up space in an existing pocket)

chefchris
09-18-2007, 17:50
doesn't anybody have any pictures of these setups? that would help alot.

thanks.