PDA

View Full Version : oceanic v16 split fins.

coralcrazed
09-17-2007, 23:36
thinking of trading in my mares quatro for the oceanic v16 fins. I was told they are more efficient. However Is anyon e actually using this fin? is there a considerable diffrence in efficiency of this splitfin over a conventional fin? thanks

this fin is sick looking wich is cool but I'm after performace more than look.

JizNim
09-18-2007, 02:19
I started this one last week because I'm looking at those same fins, and yes I think they look sweet as well.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=3283

Couldn't seem to fish up anyone out there actually using them. I'm in no hurry to buy them, but I decided I'm just going to get them and post my own review if there isn't one yet.

Jim - no sig no avatar guy

Aussie
09-18-2007, 05:21
Is there any reason to trade in your Quatros? I would try a pair of split fins before you sell the Quatros as the split fins might not suit you. As for efficiency well don't believe everything you hear or read. I would compare a split fin next to your Quatros and see which one YOU prefer.

Aussie

coralcrazed
09-18-2007, 08:54
Is there any reason to trade in your Quatros? I would try a pair of split fins before you sell the Quatros as the split fins might not suit you. As for efficiency well don't believe everything you hear or read. I would compare a split fin next to your Quatros and see which one YOU prefer.

Aussie
the reason that I wanted to get these is that my feeling is whatever you can get/do to mke you more efficient in current on a dive will make you a safer diver and that is less likely to overexert when having to fight a current. am I off base? sounds like a wise thing to do to try them efore I buy them... now the only question is where can I do this in the northeast???

Oceanicdb
09-18-2007, 10:09
I would be surprised if one of our retailers in your area did not have a pair somewhere for you to try. Go to www.oceanicworldwide.com (http://www.oceanicworldwide.com) into the dealer locator and find the nearest couple of Oceanic retailers to you. Hopefully they will have a pair for you to try. If they don't PM me and I will see that the dive store nearest to you gets a trial set of fins headed their way in your size.

Darryl

DevilDiver
09-18-2007, 10:14
thinking of trading in my mares quatro for the oceanic v16 fins. I was told they are more efficient. However Is anyon e actually using this fin? is there a considerable diffrence in efficiency of this splitfin over a conventional fin? thanks

this fin is sick looking wich is cool but I'm after performace more than look.

I believe the next issue of Scubs Diving Mag. will be reviewing fins in Scuba Lab. If you can wait I am sure the review will be interesting....

coralcrazed
09-18-2007, 12:25
I would be surprised if one of our retailers in your area did not have a pair somewhere for you to try. Go to www.oceanicworldwide.com (http://www.oceanicworldwide.com) into the dealer locator and find the nearest couple of Oceanic retailers to you. Hopefully they will have a pair for you to try. If they don't PM me and I will see that the dive store nearest to you gets a trial set of fins headed their way in your size.

Darryl
thank you daryll that i awsome. I will have a look around and don't think I did not notice the very many awsome gear and toys that oceanic now makes. its hard to resist not getting some. I am getting the geo comuter very soon :)

Bring the Payne
09-19-2007, 21:27
I'm "actually" using the v16s. Love them! Effortless kicking.

coralcrazed
09-20-2007, 23:45
I'm "actually" using the v16s. Love them! Effortless kicking.
I'm curiouse... have you owned any other fins in the past? if so which? thanks