PDA

View Full Version : Coltri Equipment

raulmonda
09-30-2011, 02:41
Hi,

Im looking to buy diving equipment. i did alot or research and i found Coltri manufactures relatively cheap. Are their products good quality, reliable, lang lasting, easy to maintain?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Raul

ScubaToys Larry
09-30-2011, 08:18
Coltri Sub is an italian company that makes compressors. I had one, and it blew up.... I much prefer bauer compressors, and now have 3 of those instead. As far as scuba gear, I would stick to more popular brands that you could get serviced... For example, if you brought one in to our shop (or any shop I know of) and needed a rebuild - no one would have the parts that I'm aware of. With so many popular brands out there that can get serviced anywhere, I'm not sure I'd go with an off brand like that.

And when looking for scuba equipment, normally the highest priority is not "cheap".

PlatypusMan
09-30-2011, 11:06
..As far as scuba gear, I would stick to more popular brands that you could get serviced... For example, if you brought one in to our shop (or any shop I know of) and needed a rebuild - no one would have the parts that I'm aware of. With so many popular brands out there that can get serviced anywhere, I'm not sure I'd go with an off brand like that.

Seconded. There is at least one brand of regulator out there that was badged by an Italian manufacturer with a known name in the industry, but when that manufacturer went belly-up, they took the secrets and rebuild parts for servicing that regulator with them. No one can easily work on them as a result-and most will not.

Stick with known firms that can provide assistance with their products. It may be a bit pricier, but better for you in the long run.

scubadiver888
09-30-2011, 14:47
I was actually surprised to find out Coltri makes more than compressors. Did a quick Google and they seem to have it all. I'd agree with Larry. A good regulator will last you years but only if you have it serviced. If you cannot get parts for it you might as well rent equipment.