PDA

View Full Version : Quick Draw Pony Bracket

SharpDog
09-18-2007, 06:56
Does anyone have any experience with the Quick Draw Pony Bracket from ST?

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=QuickDrawBracket

I was wondering how easy and reliable the release mechanism is? I would guess you would attach a cord or lanyard to the pin to make it easier to find and release.

ScubaToys Larry
09-18-2007, 07:12
There are actually 2 pins, and about 10 inches of stainless cable that runs between them, so depending on your configuration, and your arms... you might be able to reach it without adding to it.. But I guess you could add to it if you wish!

jo8243
09-20-2007, 11:29
I just use the zeagle tank straps. If I needed to get it the pony off to hand off to someone, a buddy could do it for me in a few seconds.

ccarter
09-20-2007, 11:31
I too just use zeagle tank straps.. right side.. upside down. :smiley20:

No Misses
09-20-2007, 12:29
I use the Quick Draw II on my AL19. It is mounted upside down on the left side of my AL80. The 2nd stage is bungied to the AL19. I use a 40 somethingish,long hose with a 90 degree elbow at the 2nd stage. When I need the pony, I just...
1. Reach back with my left hand
2. Turn on the gas
3. Pull the 2nd stage from the bungie and viola, I can breath again

I do not have a plan to hand off my pony bottle to another diver. If they need gas I can donate my long hose (see DIR gear setup). If my primary gas is low, I can switch to the pony while the "victim" finishes off my primary bottle. If we are both low, we made some very major errors in our dive plan. This may sound callous...but, I will not risk my own life to save yours. If we are both at > 100 fsw and out of air. I will come up on my pony bottle. It will not help you if we both drown. If you are on the surface when I get there, I WILL call 911, give CPR and provide O2 until help arrives. I will not volunteer to die with you.

OK. I have put the soap box away, for now. As far as pulling the pins to remove the pony; you only need to pull one pin. The other pin fits into a slot and lets you slide the bracket apart once the other pin is pulled (see the picture on ST). When it is time to swap tanks, I just pull the one pin and remove the pony until I get the AL80 swapped out. Then you can just slide the bracket back together (using the one pin to line it up) and install the pin that you pulled earlier. Easy.

No Misses
09-21-2007, 10:24
Bump. I'm surprised that I did not get flamed ref; air sharing. Did it slip under the radar or did I leave you speachless?

fisherdog
09-24-2007, 07:39
Wow... Nice of you to say that you wouldn't share air.... But since you dive solo... who the heck are you gonna share with?? That Lemon you saw last week!!??

Krakenn
09-24-2007, 10:17
I saw the valid point in your argument No Misses and Im sure you would understand that i would also apply the same values as you if I was in an out of air situation or a system failure, in that I would stab you in the heart take your ponybottle and if you are there on the surface i would call 000 and hand you my weight belt.

Ill put your soap box away mate.

Smiles

Kraks

Tod
09-25-2007, 11:58
Bump. I'm surprised that I did not get flamed ref; air sharing. Did it slip under the radar or did I leave you speachless?

It made perfect sense to me.