PDA

View Full Version : ABCs in January

capnmark
11-19-2011, 14:16
I'm going on a cruise that will be visiting all three in mid-January. My wife doesn't dive so I usually wind up just booking a dive trip through the cruise line. Unfortunately, they're kind of limited. Aruba, they list a two tank trip to the Antilla and Perdinalis. At Bonaire, a one tank dive to the Marine Park. Nothing for Curacao. I had planned on diving Bonaire and Curacao but one tank at the Marine park sounds kind of lame.

Any advice? The 'easy' way is to dive Aruba and Bonaire and be done with it. The owner at one of the LDS goes to Bonaire a lot and I'm going to talk to him. I'm just not sure how it will work out trying to arrange something that works with the cruise schedule.

Thanks!

Cap'n Mark

snagel
11-19-2011, 14:56
Give yourself plenty of time if you book through a local dive shop or book through the cruise line. If you miss your port call, you're on your own catching up unless you book with the cruise line. They won't leave without you.

I've been to Bonaire several times...not sure what they are calling the marine park. There is a beach by the airport called Windshock and I know the cruise lines bring a lot of snorklers there.

Snagel

BUDMAN
11-19-2011, 15:02
if you want to dive in Curacao get ahold of Mark and Suzy at the Dive Bus

John Yaskowich
11-20-2011, 18:57
Check out https://www.shoretrips.com
They key their trip times to the cruise ship timings. I booked 3 or 4 dives with them and was happy. The price is much better than the cruise desk price and close to what you would pay if you book yourself. In St Maarten I booked through Shore Trips and ended up on the same dive boat as the people who booked on the ship. I paid about $30 less and the only difference was they got a ride for the 300metre to the dive shop and I had to take the water taxi.
They also do land trips. We did a rainforest trip St Kitts that was the highlight of one cruise.