PDA

View Full Version : zeagle envoy rezort

mexcan
09-18-2007, 09:50
Hi guys,
I would like to have info on the zeagle envoy rezort reg.
I am looking for a travel reg that breathes easy and reasonably affordable. Anyone using it?

Thanks

creggur
09-19-2007, 06:58
I just looked at ST's listing for Zeagle regulators...It's probably a great reg, bullet-proof piston design, and with Zeagle's reputation I'm sure it's a quality piece.
However, they are listing the Envoy for only $10.00 more, and I can tell you from personal experience that the Envoy is an awesome reg....It's a great, dry breather...If you can swing the additional $45.00 I would get the Envoy Deluxe. I started with the Envoy, and had them add the Deluxe adjuster kit after the fact....I like the adjustability, but that is really a personal preference thing....

Good luck, and let us know what you decide...

DevilDiver
09-19-2007, 07:32
I have found this to be a great breathing reg. I dove with this for almost 2 years.
Here is the SD mag's Scuba Lab review:
Hope this helps...
ZEAGLE: REZORT (SCUBA DIVING Best Buy) and RAZOR
http://www.scubadiving.com/upload/images/gear/200606GR_scubalab_216g.jpg
>>SIMULATOR SCORES: 22 out of a possible 25.
>>ERGO SCORES: 53 out of a possible 70.

These two new inexpensive regs deliver a lot of breathing performance for not a lot of money. They both use unbalanced flow-by piston first stages and rock-solid pneumatically balanced second stages with efficient dive/pre-dive switches. But while the ReZort's first stage is a traditional yoke style, the RaZor first stage assembly screws directly into a standard 3,000 psi cylinder. It includes a safety relief valve and an on/off knob to create a very simple, low-profile set-up that's perfect for stage bottles or for redundant air supply systems. It comes with a filling adapter so you can refill the tank using a standard whip.

Both regs deliver excellent performance at depths and breathing rates simulating typical recreational diving, and very good performance at more aggressive breathing rates and greater depths. In the water, both systems breathe well in the swimming position, but not as easily upside down, where they also tend to get some moisture. Wide exhaust tees minimize bubble interference. The dive/pre-dive switch is easy to use and the purge button, while a bit stiff, can really move some air. They are two of only three regs that received a clear majority of positive votes from test divers for their mouthpieces. While the RaZor is more of a special-use rig, the standard yoke ReZort, with its above-average performance and rock-bottom price, definitely gets our vote for a Best Buy.

Steve Scuba
11-04-2007, 19:55
Ressurecting this one up from the depths. I've been looking at a huge selection of regs, trying to narrow it down. The Rezort is on my short list. Just wanted to thank DevilDiver for the personal review AND the very informative copy write infringement :P

PCI bughunter
11-04-2007, 22:27
Hey folks. Okay, I got certified about 14 years ago right before I got married. We dove for a couple of years then stopped for about 10. I got back in the water after a refresher course about 2 years ago, and we've been having great luck diving for lobster off Dana Point in CA. The problem is all my gear is turning into garbage. I'm on a pretty modest budget but I'm looking for some pretty rugged gear to start replacing the old stuff. My current reg is a positively ancient looking Scuba Pro.

I am considering the Oceanic Alpha 8, but I don't even really know what DVT is. (Dry Valve Technology after a brief search...but what does it gain me.) Also, when I started, regs didn't have dials to make breathing easier...well, not that I know of anyway. Anybody have any ideas for a sturdy hunting rig. We do a lot of shallow stuff...40 feet and less, or we go right to 120.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Zenagirl
11-05-2007, 07:31
The DVT features prevents water from entering your first stage since the dust cap is more for dust and dirt than water prevention.

I have well over 100 dives on my Zeagle Envoy and would wholeheartedly recommend you check it out. Not only did it score perfectly on ScubaLab's tests (better than some much more expensive regs), but from personal experience I find it breathes as well at 13 feet as it does at 133 feet.

I believe so highly in this reg that when my husband bought a Zeagle Flathead, I told him to get an Envoy as his octo. He wanted a more expensive octo, but I told him that there wasn't any point since I'd be the one most likely to use the octo and it would match my regular rig! He went with the Envoy and when I had to use it (on the first dive he used his new regs on), it did it's job perfectly and I'm here to tell the tale. ;)

Netsloth
11-05-2007, 07:49
Just wanted to throw my Zeagle endorsement in too.

I dive an Envoy Deluxe primary and Envoy backup that I got from ST. I love them.

vsugihjoso
11-06-2007, 14:07
I was just wondering what the difference between Zeagle Envoy Rezort and Zeagle Envoy regulator is; other than $10 price difference. Which one is more suitable for travel to tropical destination? and paired with Zeagle Octo Z.

vsugihjoso
11-06-2007, 20:29
I was just wondering what the difference between Zeagle Envoy Rezort and Zeagle Envoy regulator is; other than $10 price difference. Which one is more suitable for travel to tropical destination? and paired with Zeagle Octo Z.

surfin009
11-06-2007, 22:53
I'm not the most experienced this, as I'm a beginner but I too had the same question and checked out Zeagles site- check out this link Zeagle Regulators Zeagle Systems - Scuba Diving Equipment Manufacturer (http://zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=regcomparison&category=Regulators)
It lays it out pretty nicely for me-please someone else explain also!

vsugihjoso
11-07-2007, 00:33
surfin009, thanks for the chart. It seems like the difference is on the first stage only, i.e, the type, # of low pressure port.

I checked it out at wikipedia
Diving regulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_regulator)

My understanding is that the Envoy Rezort is flow-by piston type which has less components, but need more careful maintenance because some of the internal moving parts are exposed to water and contaminants in the water (Zeagle claims it's easier to service). And it needs more effort to breathe. It's also unbalanced requiring different effort at different depth.

The Envoy is a diaphram type which is more complex and has more components. But it requires less effort to breathe (1.05 Joule/liter vs 1.33 Joule/liter). It is heavier though (1.88 lb vs 1.4 lb)

Experienced divers out there probably could correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

ScottZeagle
11-07-2007, 08:11
That sounds about right...

;)