PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any experience using the APS Mantaray Fin?

booger
09-18-2007, 11:30
I am looking to buy some new fins and have read a lot of positive reviews on the Mantarays, but I have never seen anyone using them. In fact, I've never run across them at a LDS here in California. I would love to hear from someone who has actually used them. Right now I use a pair of old Oceanways paddle fins I got about 15 years ago. My fiance has the Apollo Bio fins and he loves them, but I am a little concerned about switching to a split fin after all these years.

azdiver
12-16-2007, 09:16
I'm trying to find more feedback on the manta fins too! I used plana avanti's for about 15 years before switching to atomic splits (which I love!) but am looking for something shorter to make it easier for packing when I travel to the Caribbean. Too bad the new superchannel full foots are just as long as the atomics!!

AUTiger
12-19-2007, 00:55
I tried them. I think the creator is actual in SoCal. He came out to my LDS recently (Temecula, CA). I think that you can get them in several SoCal store.

Several guys at my LDS bought them and love them. They like that it feels like you don't have anything on your feet. They are light and don't feel like you are pushing hard. You can also frog kick, back up, and do other specialty kicks easily with them.

I tried them and didn't like them. I like the stiffness and strong resistance of my Twinjets.

I found the footpockets to be nice and big. They easily accomodated my drysuit boots.

David