PDA

View Full Version : How Many Cards?

ianr33
09-18-2007, 14:55
I once did a course that barely met standards,but I knew what I was getting into and I wanted the card.

Ian is really just a card collector........he has more dang cards than most of us together....... :-)

I was about to say I dont have that many then I added them up and it came to 10 !

(OW,AOW,Rescue,Nitrox,Advanced Nitrox,Deco Procedures,Intro Trimix, Cavern,Intro Cave,Full Cave)

If I really was a card collector I could add a bunch more to that but there is only one more I want.

How many do Y'all have?

Which did you get the most out of? For me it was Adv Nitrox/Deco. Entry to a new world

Which was the toughest? For me Intro Cave. Doing deco dives was one thing.Having a million tons of rock above my head was another.

Capt Hook
09-18-2007, 15:08
3 - Ow, AOW, Nitrox

mwhities
09-18-2007, 15:19
I only count one and I don't have it yet.

Michael

ianr33
09-18-2007, 15:21

Michael

Are GUE cards printed on a black background?

greyzen
09-18-2007, 15:39
OW, AOW

Going to complete:
Rescue, Nitrox, Night, Wreck, DM

Maybe:
Instructor (We'll see)

mwhities
09-18-2007, 15:49

Michael

I have no earthly idea. I don't have a Fundies card. I doubt I'll have one for awhile.

I'm still needing to get my one card, let alone a Fundies card.

Michael

TxScubaBear
09-18-2007, 15:57
OW, AOW, Nitrox

Down the road- (since class night at TCC is the same as ST...) Rescue

ianr33
09-18-2007, 15:57

Michael

I have no earthly idea. I don't have a Fundies card. I doubt I'll have one for awhile.

Michael

I'm confused. What card are you talking about?

willardj
09-18-2007, 16:15
I have 8. Dart,PSD,and Cavern are the one's I got the most out of.

jafo123
09-18-2007, 16:31
OW, Rescue,AOW,Master Diver

Aussie
09-18-2007, 16:36
I stick with Mastercard. Maybe have American Express as a backup.

Aussie

mwhities
09-18-2007, 16:39

Michael

Michael

I'm confused. What card are you talking about?

AOW.

Michael

Ajuva
09-18-2007, 16:39
Three, OW, AOW and Nitrox.

Hope to go further though but I am not too interested in the tec/wreck route.

Fun diver only.

Phestr
09-18-2007, 16:41
OW, Nitrox, Underwater Photographer (great class if only for photography skills), Navigator, Night, AOW w/Nitrox. Should have Deep, Rescue, and Master in a couple months.

plot
09-18-2007, 17:07
ow, aow, nitrox.

if i get anymore it'll be cave diving... most of the certs the agencies offer are bunk.

georoc01
09-18-2007, 17:28
OW, AOW, Altitude, PPB, Underwater Nav, Deep, Dry Suit

Rescue and Search & Recovery for 2008

My LDS offers an all day Intro to Underwater Photography that includes pool sessions, but I don't think its the specialty.

chinacat46
09-18-2007, 17:33
23 to damn many to list. Some are EFR and DAN. I counted my pre instructor and instructor cards.

in_cavediver
09-18-2007, 21:32
I once did a course that barely met standards,but I knew what I was getting into and I wanted the card.

Ian is really just a card collector........he has more dang cards than most of us together....... :-)

I was about to say I dont have that many then I added them up and it came to 10 !

(OW,AOW,Rescue,Nitrox,Advanced Nitrox,Deco Procedures,Intro Trimix, Cavern,Intro Cave,Full Cave)

If I really was a card collector I could add a bunch more to that but there is only one more I want.

How many do Y'all have?

Which did you get the most out of? For me it was Adv Nitrox/Deco. Entry to a new world

Which was the toughest? For me Intro Cave. Doing deco dives was one thing.Having a million tons of rock above my head was another.

I donna know the number - lets see

PADI - OW, AOW, Rescue, DM, Night, Dry suit, PPB, Nitrox, Ice, Medic-First Aid (before EFR)

DSAT - Trimix Blender

IANTD - Deep, Adv Nitrox, Normoxic Trimix

NACD - Cavern, Intro, Full Cave

Add in the VIP or stuff I do without cards to go along???

So, that what 17 or 18 cards.

I will say, there are a few more in my future - CCR nitrox, CCR Mix, Sidemount, OC full Trimix.

As for the most useful classes:
OW - Gotta start somewhere
Adv Nitrox/deep - Combined class - best skills class
Cavern/Intro Cave - Did right after Adv Nitrox - In this class, I saw guys who really know how to dive.

I pretty much bought my normoxic trimix card. I had better in water skills than my instructor. (that and my drysuit didn't fall apart during training either). What the heck, it only cost me $250 and a days training.

subsur
09-18-2007, 22:12
hmm,
ow, aow, nitrox, dry suit, uw digital photography, rescue
so 6 total.

the only one I want is NAUI master scuba diver but i'll dive for a while before going to the class. Also, GUE-F sounded like fun but they don't take smokers, oh well... i was not going to depart with my upsteam 2nd stage poseidon either :)

Bill22
09-19-2007, 18:20
YMCA OW, PADI OW, PADI AOW, Cavern Diver. Will be completing Nitrox and Wreck Diver while on vacation next month. Will be starting on Rescue Diver when I come back.

crpntr133
09-19-2007, 20:46
Well lets see.. PADI OW,PADI AOW, NAUI Nitrox, and NAUI Advanced Rescue. So that makes 4 and will go tech probably next year. Will end up with 5-6. Don't care about all the dry suit, photo, deep, etc. They are usually a waste of time and money.