PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Stylus SW-770

lovesmexico615
09-18-2007, 23:06
Hi there,

My Olympus is waterproof without a housing, but only to 10m. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with the waterproof camera bags. I've seen them on e-bay for $30, and safe for up to 18m. I'm hesitant to spend another $250 for a hard case at this point. I'm getting my OW certification in October, and would love to get into underwater photography, but not sure how much diving I'll be doing in the cold northeast after October.

Thanks,
Amanda

BobArnold8265
09-19-2007, 07:54
Amanda, I haven't tried the underwater bags but do have a suggestion. You might want to look for a used housing on eBay or sometimes Olympus will sell new housings on eBay at pretty good prices.

lovesmexico615
09-19-2007, 18:36
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep religiously checking e-bay for a cheap housing. Not sure I'd want to risk my investment in a $25 underwater bag...

ccarter
09-26-2007, 12:27
I wouldn't trust a bag! Though a camera/housing is one of the best investments I ever made related to diving.. I really really dislike diving without a camera now especially in the tropics. I bought the 770sw last week after thinking about it for months & months.. will be getting a housing before I go on vacation in November.