PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel report.

BRsnow
03-02-2012, 09:58
Just a short report, the reefs seem to have more life each year. It is good to see those giant groupers back. Water temp seemed to be 79 for the most part. I wanted to mention for those that have not dove the norther part of the island, the eagle rays are pretty amazing up there and also a real shot at seeing some bigger sea life. Well worth a day or two. BR

mcr0112
03-29-2012, 03:05
Who did you dive with that went to the north?

Diver Kat
03-29-2012, 09:21
Actually, we saw the spotted eagle rays on 4 of the regular reefs (Santa Rosa wall, Paseo de Cedral, Columbia Deep, & La Francesa) when we were there just over a week ago. Was very cool! And as you noted, the grouper were out in force. Also seemed to be turtles every time we turned around. Guess if I ever get through my pix, I'll have to post a few!

mcr0112
03-29-2012, 18:58
Guess it just depends on being at the right spot at the right moment. 2 trips ago to Coz I bet we saw 20 turtles on one dive. There was one that you couldn't bother. everyone was taking photos of it eating and it never even moved. Other people told us that they hadn't seen a single turle til then. good photos of the ryas .

Diver Kat
03-29-2012, 22:16
Yup ... it seems if it's dinner time, they could care less if you get up close & watch! LOL!

AfterDark
03-30-2012, 03:49
Just a short report, the reefs seem to have more life each year. It is good to see those giant groupers back. Water temp seemed to be 79 for the most part. I wanted to mention for those that have not dove the norther part of the island, the eagle rays are pretty amazing up there and also a real shot at seeing some bigger sea life. Well worth a day or two. BR

Nice shots! Very cool.

BRsnow
03-30-2012, 07:08
You can always see eagle rays, just up north you will see 30-100 a dive and they swim all around you coming with 5-10 feet of you. It is pretty amazing, just a different dive than the reefs. I love them all. I dove with carlosandsimon.com They are family operation down there, good people. BR