PDA

View Full Version : guy with big calves looking for boots...

superkingkong
09-19-2007, 02:45
hi guys...

other than using a low cut boots.... any recommendation on suitable boots?
i've tried akona and tusa.. both.. after putting it on.. can't zip up :)
currently, am using a seapro... but gonna "explode" soon :) looking for a new one....

i've saw on the net... those zipless one.. not sure whether it will fit or not....

thanks for your suggestions.

Aussie
09-19-2007, 02:53
I have used zipperless ones and I think they are great. Someone else thought they were great also and stole them. I think they might be your solution to your problem.

Aussie

superkingkong
09-19-2007, 14:23
Thanks for your opinion, aussie :)

i guess i'll have to go for those zipperless then.

CrzyJay456
09-19-2007, 14:47
the zipperless ones can be a pain in the ass. gorrilla used to have some, and it looked difficult to put on/ take off (especially taking them off when wet)
he now wears scubapro zip up ones and does not complain anymore.

superkingkong
09-19-2007, 15:21
the zipperless ones can be a pain in the ass. gorrilla used to have some, and it looked difficult to put on/ take off (especially taking them off when wet)
he now wears scubapro zip up ones and does not complain anymore.

yeah... that's what i think,.. those zipperless one could be hard to put on... i haven't tried it before... that's why i'm seeking for opinions...

coralcrazed
09-19-2007, 16:25
I'm not sure if you are diving warm water or not but if you are the shoe style ones are great! they only go Upto your anckles... I don't personally wear these buy have hard they are nice fore those folk who don't want the boot up the leg. I'm a bit of a Popeye the sailor man myself and at times I won't zip it all the way. could solve your problem eh?
toot-toooooot ad you can have your spinach too!:beer::naka:

sudnit5
09-19-2007, 17:17
I have a friend that has the zipperless boots and it takes him forever to get them on and off.

superkingkong
09-19-2007, 18:22
:smiley5: .. i'm thinking twice on those zipperless one...:smiley13:

scubasavvy
09-19-2007, 23:29
I have used zipperless ones and I think they are great. Someone else thought they were great also and stole them. I think they might be your solution to your problem.

Aussie

I have big calves too and can't zip them up. This is definitely the perfect solution for the problem.

Aussie
09-19-2007, 23:36
I have had no problems taking them off. They kind of stick on more with suction. i prefer the soft soled one to the running shoe style. Softer sole versions fit your feet really well. Running shoe soles are great on rocks. If you think the top of the boot is a bit tight you can either stretch them or cut them down a little.

Works for me

Aussie

superkingkong
09-20-2007, 00:34
thanks.. will definately give those zipperless a try.... if it's ok, i'll take it :)