PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lagoon, Huntsville

George1971
09-19-2007, 06:05
Hey all, just wanted to send out a quick invite. Anyone in the Huntsville, Texas area this weekend is welcome to come join myself and a group of friends for some bottom time at the Blue Lagoon. We'll be there Saturday and Sunday, and anyone is welcome to come join the fun.

ScubaToys Larry
09-19-2007, 07:13
Thanks for the invite - this weekend we have a big party out at Clear Springs Scuba Park. Food, give aways, contests, etc... You ought to see if you can come up on Sunday.

I used to do training in Blue Lagoon but haven't been there in years.

Welcome to the board!

Vercingetorix
09-19-2007, 10:16
I've wanted to do Blue Lagoon (saw it on-line). If not for the ScubaToys Party, I'd be there. Keep us informed of your next outing.

George1971
09-26-2007, 06:48
Thanks for the invite - this weekend we have a big party out at Clear Springs Scuba Park. Food, give aways, contests, etc... You ought to see if you can come up on Sunday.

I used to do training in Blue Lagoon but haven't been there in years.

Welcome to the board!

Sorry I couldn't make it Larry, but I had to dive with my buddies who were depending on me and decided to show up. I will be coming ya'lls way soon though. The diving at the Lagoon was pretty good...had good vis and great wether. Just a warning though...the air fills have gone up three dollars since July, and somehow even with all the rain the water level is down by about two feet from the last time I was there. (At least by my Aeris AI).

torrey
09-26-2007, 08:49
Have they made any modifications to Blue Lagoon over the years? I did my open-water certification out there about 10 years ago and from what I remember there was a small boat and some kind of tower in the water. I do remember the viz wasn't too bad, though. Anything new?

George1971
09-26-2007, 09:42
Have they made any modifications to Blue Lagoon over the years? I did my open-water certification out there about 10 years ago and from what I remember there was a small boat and some kind of tower in the water. I do remember the viz wasn't too bad, though. Anything new?

Well, in Lagoon #1 there are three or four boats, the cooling tower, and a few training platforms. In Lagoon #2 I think there are only three boats and two training platforms. They have finally posted signs for the different beaches and sites, which makes getting to "Gorilla Beach" alot easier (trust me, I never would've found it otherwise). They are under new management, and they seem alot friendlier than they were this time last year.

Scout
09-26-2007, 09:54
My son and I visited Blue Lagoon in August and spent a lot of time looking for the plane in Lagoon 1 before we found out that they had removed it. Apparently, it had deteriorated to the point that sharp edges were injuring divers. Too bad; that would have been a fun feature to dive on.

George1971
09-27-2007, 16:42
Yeah, I've been in both Lagoons and haven't seen a plane. If you ever get a chance to make it to Twin Lakes (Hwy. 288 & Hwy. 6) they have recently put a little plane on the bottom to go along with the RV and the bus and boats. Only problem with Twin Lakes is the low vis...(best I've seen is three feet once you descend past 18 - 20 feet).