03-30-2012, 12:18
Salmon with Spinach and Cream Cheese in Phyllo

2 servings

1 t. basil oil or olive oil
4 c. baby spinach
Salt & pepper
6-8 sheets thawed frozen phyllo dough
nonstick cooking spray
2 skinless salmon fillets (4-6 oz. each - 1 1/2 inches thick)
2 tbls. garlic and herb cream cheese spread

Preheat oven 425
Heat oil in saute pan, add spinach, season with S&P. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove and squeeze to remove excess moisture.

Lay one sheet of phyllo on work surface. Spray with cooking spray. Repeat each layer and press together to create a stack of 3 or 4 sheets.

Season salmon with s&p. Spread 1/2 cream cheese on filet and top with spinach. Place salmon on phyllo stack 2 inches from the bottom on the short end. Fold in the longer sides towards the salmon then the shorter side and wrap up. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and lay the salmon, seam side down on tray. (Watch the way it folds because you want to have the spinach / cheese on top of the salmon when cooking)

With a bread knife, make three diagonal slits across each bundle almost all the way through the top phyllo. Spray bundles and bake. Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown.

simplediver
02-14-2015, 19:06
this sounds amazing. I love cream cheese. It goes so well with everything! it's the people's cheese.

I'm going to try this maybe next weekend I'll let you know how it turns out thanks so much

simplediver
02-14-2015, 19:07
Oh wow I didnt even realize this was over two years ago.. it was one the first page.