PDA

View Full Version : Diving with a silly friend

Bumpyessex
04-05-2012, 05:42
Hey Guys,

I have a friend I'm going diving with fopr the first time and I'm not sure whether to fear for my life or trust him and his diving abilities.

He's fully qualified with PADI and great in tough but he has a bit of a silly personality that can make me question his reliability. What do you think? Trust him or avoid the dive?

Clernix
04-05-2012, 08:39
Your call on that one. No one knows your friend or the dive you are making. It's a judgment call.

lt.dan58
04-05-2012, 12:47
some people are serious when it matters... my dive buddy is a goof and does all crazy stuff on land but when we dive or jump out of planes he is serious as can be... Id say do a dive see how he is and if he is crazy call off the dive

mala
04-05-2012, 15:31
if he really is a friend you will be fine.

fully qualified with padi ?

is he a fully qualified novice or an instructor?

best ask a few questions.

Noob
04-05-2012, 15:51
some people are serious when it matters... my dive buddy is a goof and does all crazy stuff on land but when we dive. Id say do a dive see how he is and if he is crazy call off the dive

Same here. I have a buddy exactly like that.

Smashee
04-05-2012, 16:25
Same here. I have a buddy exactly like that.

Me too. And some would say I'm like that myself. :-) Doesn't matter how much of a numpty you are on-land, as long as you're all business when it matters.

Tassie Diver
04-06-2012, 03:04
Do an easy dive where if things go pear-shaped it's not far to the surface. Stay well clear of NDLs and evaluate him. If all is good, go big!