PDA

View Full Version : Air integrated Nitrox computer

Fish Killer
09-19-2007, 16:12
I'm shopping for a new Air integrated Nitrox computer.
I'm seriously considering the Aeris Atmos AI Nitrox.
I was wondering if there is anything out there that compares to the AI.
I require:
large display (gettin' old sucks)
Air integrated
Nitrox capable
Computer download is OK but not that important

ScubaToys Larry
09-19-2007, 16:18
Well the Oceanic is virtually identical - just a larger foot print, and larger display version. http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=DatamaxPro

The sherwood wisdom is also really the same unit:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SherwoodWisdom

So it just depends which display you like the best. Oceanic is the biggest, next I'd take the Aeris - and the sherwood is for those who want the same computer with the sherwood name on it!

CrzyJay456
09-19-2007, 16:32
the aeris is real nice.
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AtmosAI

large display, but not too big. i've seen them in person, and i like it. i too prefer bigger displays, and this is a nice one. Big, yet compact (if that makes sense?)

Vegas
09-19-2007, 17:02
I'll just chime in that I dive with the Aeris Atmos AI, and I love it!

sudnit5
09-19-2007, 17:08
The Aeris is a great computer, I dive with one as well

charlesml3
09-20-2007, 09:17
I like the Oceanic, but it's just because I have one and have gotten to know it. Two of my buddies have them as well. I've always used a console so replacing my depth/pressure set with the Oceanic was an easy choice. I just clip it somewhere and we're good to go. Display is big and bright. Battery is can be replaced easily. No real complaints.

-Charles

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 09:32
I just got a new AI Aeris Epic and I LOVE IT!!!!!! My log book is much easier after I download it to the computer at home and I take my laptop with me on weekends......and less HOSES! I have just ordered the Zeagle Oct/inflator to eliminate yet another hose too....OBTW Larry if you are reading this I faxed that order in this morning and I forgot to tell you to toss in the plugs with it.....remember a previous post on Tusa Regs?

PlatypusMan
09-20-2007, 09:39
I'm seriously considering the Aeris Atmos AI Nitrox.

For what it's worth, I dive with that computer. It gets the job done for me.

I've even changed at the battery myself, since it is user replaceable, and I'm still alive to tell the tale!:smiley20:

Zenagirl
09-20-2007, 15:41
I've been diving with the Aeris AI and my husband has been diving with an Oceanic Datamax Pro+2 for well over 100+ dives. Both have been extremely user friendly and reliable.

I'd recommend if you can an AI console computer you get the quick disconnect feature.

jo8243
09-20-2007, 16:21
Suunto Cobra?

Fish Killer
09-20-2007, 17:06
Thanks to everyone for their input.
I'm leaning toward the Aeris Atmos AI Nitrox more thn ever.
If I'm doin the math right its ~$50 cheaper than the same computer with other names, i.e. Oceanic or Sherwood. ALso, I like the angles head design.
If anybody else has info on a comparable computer I'm all ears, but time is running out...Christmas is coming!

CrzyJay456
09-20-2007, 19:11
thats a good choice. the screen is easy to read, and although the shape seems awkward, its not in person. when i start looking for a computer i will probably be picking one of these up.