PDA

View Full Version : How Rite Is Dive Rite?

MANTAMAN5093
09-19-2007, 18:37
HAD A BAG EXPERIENCE WITH DIVE RITE? I have.

NitroWill
09-19-2007, 18:46
How about you explain yourself instead of just flaring accusations over the internet..

ReefHound
09-19-2007, 18:51
Yeah, I have a Dive Rite lift bag. I've used it a few times so I guess you could say I've had several bag experiences with Dive Rite.

Capt Hook
09-19-2007, 20:29
So , what's your experience?
If you're going to post something negative, tell us about it!

crpntr133
09-19-2007, 20:41
Not sure that it is a bad experience. The OP does say "bag" experience. My only problem is that they are proud of their product and want major $$.

cgvmer
09-19-2007, 21:49
If I could I would bag up the whole DiveRite line and take it home!!!!!

paintsnow
09-19-2007, 22:55
are you trying to bag on dive rite or would you like info about their lift bags?

CrzyJay456
09-19-2007, 23:02
i dont know about the dive-rite lift bags, but im sure they are costly. things with certain letters on them make them expensive (such as OMS, Dive Rite etc..)

scubasavvy
09-19-2007, 23:04
I THINK HE LIKES CAPS. HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS? Anywho, what's the deal with this post? Is it about lift bags or a bad experience? ...I think its in the wrong forum, whatever it is...

CrzyJay456
09-19-2007, 23:07
when i type all caps it comes up lower cased? why?

this is a possible customer rant, that was misplaced. wither that, or something about lift bags... so it is still in the wrong place.

ReefHound
09-20-2007, 08:57
OK, we've had a little fun with it, time to ease up. Manta Man, all jokes asides (and that's all they are) why don't you explain your post in further detail?

MANTAMAN5093
09-20-2007, 10:32
sorry for the misspelling, (bag) was supposed to be bad, it was about a mask i had purchased, (see my other post) and btw this was not a flame, as this was the only item i had purchased from them, and i usually would have returned it to the dealer, but i was on a business trip and didnt expect to be back that way again, so i sent back to dive rite.

MANTAMAN5093
09-20-2007, 10:33
again, i want to thank all who replied, if i can help any one i will......

BSea
09-20-2007, 10:40
Ok, was the problem with their customer service? This would be a surprise to me because I've heard good things about their customer service. If it was a problem with the dealer by not exchanging a mask, then that's not really dive rite's fault if you didn't notify them. I'm not saying you don't have a legitimate complaint, I just don't know what it is exactly based on your post.

EDIT: Ok, I read your previous post. I have to agree with Larry. It sounds like the mask didn't fit you properly. Did you contact the dealer? Most will at least give you store credit for something of this nature. At least that has been my experience.

Masks are funny in that one that seems to fit well in the store doesn't always fit when you go diving. It's always best to try 1 in a pool before you purchase, or have an agreement that you can return it if it doesn't fit when you dive.

ReefHound
09-20-2007, 11:08
I don't know of any mask that comes with a "leak-free fit" manufacturer guarantee. That is the kind of thing a dealer would provide to satisfy his customer. As you realize now, the proper procedure is to channel issues through your dealer. That's why manufacturers set up dealer networks in the first place. They are no set up to provide direct customer service for these kinds of matters.

BTW, Dive Rite doesn't actually make masks. There are only a few companies that actually make masks. Most name brands use an OEM mask with their label or logo on it.

ScubaToys Larry
09-20-2007, 11:12
After reading the other thread, it appears as though you said you bought a mask a year ago, then said it leaked, and sent it back to dive rite instead of the dealer... Is that the way it happened??

I commented on the other thread that a leaking mask is a difficult thing to figure out. If on land, you put water in a mask and hold it up, and water starts leaking out the frame, or between the frame and skirt, or between the lenses and frame etc... there is probably a problem with the mask.

Many times it's just that the skirt got pinched when the lenses were installed. That would be a manufacturers defect and warrant replacing or repair.

If the mask gets a tank dropped on it, and cracks the frame - probably not their problem. If you buy a mask that doesn't fit your face well, and it leaks, again - that is the customers deal and not the manufacturer. If it didn't fit, why did you buy it?

In those situations, it is up to the retailer to make it right. If someone buys a mask from us, and they get it and are not happy with it, we'll replace or refund their money and just turn that mask into one by our pool for folks doing discover scuba or checking out different masks!

So I'm not exactly sure what your situations was as there was not a lot of info given other than you got a mask a year ago, it leaks and you sent it back and they didn't do anything.... but the details are kind of missing.

If you have a problem with Dive Rite, we are an authorized dealer for them and have never had problems with their service, so I'd suggest contacting the store where you purchased it, or another authorized dealer to try to help you to work out the problem.

ianr33
09-20-2007, 11:14
I have always been very impressed with Dive Rites customer service.

Not so impressed with the red cords they used to use on Can Lights,but very happy with how quickly they fixed the problem.

CompuDude
09-20-2007, 12:05
Never had to deal with DiveRite's customer service, because I've never had a problem with any of their products. I have DiveRite safety sausages, backplates, wings, SMB carrier bags, pockets, and a number of other accessories, and have never had a problem with any of them.

crpntr133
09-20-2007, 20:28
Well if nothing else the OP managed to give us a reason to post.

paintsnow
09-20-2007, 23:35
Well if nothing else the OP managed to give us a reason to post..

haha very true, anything to get the post count up to 250.:smiley20:

datamunk
10-03-2007, 17:47
hmm, i love diverite and everything about them

floater
10-03-2007, 19:49
i own dive-rite regs (no complaints) and few other DR items which have all worked fine. i recently bought a used DR reg and noticed that the purge cover was slightly bent. i emailed DR to ask if it would be a problem and where to buy a replacement, but they just shipped me the replacement for free. needless to say i was impressed.

another thing i like about dive-rite is that they allow diveriteexpress.com to distribute free reg service manuals in pdf format and to openly sell service kits. that's actually one of the reasons i chose their regs.

that said, there's some DR gear I'm not a fan of (actually that's true for all brands) and I know some people don't like their wings, but as far as customer service goes they tend to be top of the line by pretty much all accounts I've heard.

somewhereinla
10-03-2007, 19:55
I have had to deal with Dive Rite customer service once, and found it to be outstanding, actually one of the best customer service response I have ever had. They went well above my expectations, there are very few companies that stand behind their products the way they do.