PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to dive.

cyclone
09-19-2007, 22:38
Hello ya'll. I have a question. I am too itchy using my gears and stuff. I am newby, will going to have my certificate by 2nd week of Oct. Me and my wife already purchase all the equipment that we need. Like bcd, computer gauges, own tanks, regulators, fins, mask, snorkel and wet suits. The question is, Is there a place which we are allowed to dive and what are the rules? Kind of like to try our gears. Much appreciated if it is around here dallas, tx area.

DZorn00
09-20-2007, 06:20
The LDS where I am taking my classes allows us(my buddy and I) to use the pool and any equipment as long as it does not leave the shop for free. If you have taken your first class and they have shown you the basics they should let you use their pool to test out your gear.

greyzen
09-20-2007, 09:32
didn't we cover this in another thread?
http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=3887

No Misses
09-20-2007, 10:15
Cyclone, I have been accussed of being a little dense. But, I don't get it. You bought all of your gear before you ever tried diving? OK, so let's say that you are using the gear purchase to ensure that you follow through with getting certified (earnest money). Why not find a shop that can get you trained in the next week or 2? Why wait until mid October? I'm sure that if you are so "itchy to go", you can find an instructor that can fit you into his schedule next week. JM2C

Get certified and go diving. Enjoy the adventure (or something like that. I'm starting to sound like a PADI sycophant).
Happy diving. We are looking forward to seeing your posts about your experiences.:smiley20:

greyzen
09-20-2007, 10:23
On the behalf of all the PADI sycophants out there, we would like to officially acknowledge and support the posts made by No Misses in regards to this thread.
:D

DUnder
09-20-2007, 14:59
I would suggest holding off using your gear till you have been trained it its use. Not knowing what to do, you could easly injure yourself. Even in very shallow water. Hold off till you have been trained and then go dive.

BobbyWombat
10-11-2007, 16:51
Agree with DUnder. You can hurt yourself without the proper training, even in shallow water (to some degree ESPECIALLY in shallow water, because that is were the pressure fluctuations are the greatest).

Consider this: you can cause serious injury to yourself by holding your breath and ascending only a few ft (4 ft is what I've heard).

This is why you need to have an instructor with you when diving pre-certification.

-------
BTW - looks like the date is coming up soon. Not too much longer to wait. You will have to let us know how it goes.

-BW