PDA

View Full Version : do I need the doc's signature?

przeor
09-20-2007, 07:07
Getting ready to start our IDC and in the list of paperwork, etc. to bring the first day our instructor lists a Padi medical form/waiver signed by a our doctor. I could have sworn you only needed the form signed by a doctor if you answered "yes" to any of the conditions on the form... Am I confused, or do I need to hope I can get into the doctor's office asap to have him sign a form even though I answer NO to all the questions?:confused:

mulefeathers
09-20-2007, 07:34
I don't know to much about The Padi IDC but I was told by my LDS ( SSI Training) that if answered no to all the questions I would not need a doctors waiver. But if I answered yes to even one question I had to have a doctors release to start any training.

Phestr
09-20-2007, 07:36
Yeah, that sounds like miscommunication. You better contact your instructor to be sure.

ScubaToys Larry
09-20-2007, 07:39
No... you probably need it. It's the difference between recreational diving, and now you are moving to the Pro ranks. They want a Doc to say you're ok for diving so you don't die of a heart attack while at 40' with 6 open water students. They may not remember how to get back up!

chinacat46
09-20-2007, 07:41
You definitely need it unless you have one on file from your DM class within the last year. PADI requires a physical when going to the PRO ranks doesn't matter how you answer the questions.

CompuDude
09-20-2007, 11:45
You definitely need it unless you have one on file from your DM class within the last year. PADI requires a physical when going to the PRO ranks doesn't matter how you answer the questions.

Yup. I needed mine for DiveMaster. Fortunately I was due for a physical anyway, and my doctor had already read all the forms for a recent scientific diving application he signed me off on 6 months or so ago, so he signed me off no problem. It helps that he's a diver. :)

crpntr133
09-20-2007, 20:43
Interesting to know. I still need to get in for a physical anyway.

Charles R
09-21-2007, 08:38
Yep, Had to get mine for Divemaster My doc also is a diver and laugh @ me everytime I ask him to sign cause he is my dive buddy as well:smiley2:

Buoyant1
09-24-2007, 11:21
If I remember, I only had to get it because I answered YES to something....but my Doc signed it no biggie...I had to get a physical anyway, I was due.