PDA

View Full Version : How do Sea&Sea/SeaLife cameras do on the surface?

Cichlid
09-20-2007, 17:23
How are these cameras for surface pics? For those that own any of these, do you use it as your primary camera?

DevilDiver
09-20-2007, 18:19
I don't usally use the Sealife cameras for surface shots but they seem to work fine......:smiley_bandit:

This was taken with the DC500 about two years ago.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/1/1/6/0/131-3119_IMG.JPG :fulle:

Charles R
09-20-2007, 18:59
Nice Pic With I was there

BobArnold8265
09-20-2007, 21:09
They should do great on land as well as underwater. However, I usually take a second camera with me to shoot on land. There are two reasons I do this. First, I don't want to wear out/break my UW camera. If I did, I might have a hard time replacing it and then be out both camera & housing. Second reason, I don't like taking my camera in & out of the housin too often. Just increases the risk of a bad seal and leak.

jamescrew6
12-12-2007, 09:34
I have a Sea&Sea DX-1g and it takes great pics above water. I agree with others that you will not have any problems taking above water pics with any point and shoot underwater camera.

Regards,

Bill

Lmscott
12-14-2007, 17:13
I'm like BobArnold8265.... I usually have another camera with me for land shots. However, I have a SeaLife DC600 now and have used it many times above water too. I took photos for my sister at her wedding and they turned out super. The main problem I have with the SeaLife digital camera for above water use is the size of the camera. It's so tiny, and I guess I prefer to hold something larger in my hands.

snagel
12-14-2007, 17:28
I have the reef master mini and it takes great pictures above and under the water. If I wasn't on a dive trip, I probably wouldn't take it as my camera - only because it is mounted to an external flash and either I take it off or carry it around.

S. Nagel

rach
12-22-2007, 12:10
i have a similar opinion--i noticed after taking shots of the same sunset with our Sea&Sea 8000g as my sister-in-law with her Sony Cybershot that her photos came out with much better color...Sea&Sea markets the 8000g as a land camera as well, but I think the Sony is just a better camera...i've never been disappointed with our land shots from the Sea&Sea until this comparison, so maybe what I didn't know just didn't hurt me?? Hmm...