PDA

View Full Version : Norfork spearfishing

billucusdiver
09-20-2007, 21:06
Where are all the fish at? I am looking to reduce there numbers this weekend so any help would be great.

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 21:11
Why is it all the big bass seem to find you but everything else tends to be so ellusive?

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 23:41
Why is it all the big bass seem to find you but everything else tends to be so ellusive?
You're not looking in the right spots......I got 5 7-8 lb cats last weekend and we ended up with my husband and buddies in there too....but I have to brag...I killed more than my husband!:smiley20:

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 23:44
I hear there are some nice fish around the bridge by Henderson. Im excited to dive it this weekend since two weeks ago in my AOW class we didnt get to see hardly anything since a guy in my group freaked out a little and we had to surface as soon as we got to the bridge.

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 23:52
I hear there are some nice fish around the bridge by Henderson. Im excited to dive it this weekend since two weeks ago in my AOW class we didnt get to see hardly anything since a guy in my group freaked out a little and we had to surface as soon as we got to the bridge.
I swam just above the road bed a ways down the bridge and backe to the beginning of it to the motorcycle and took a few pics but I am sad to say I didn't see a single fish...they are 30-40 feet of water right now. Its a great time to see the bridge cause the thermocline is about 6 ft above it unless it dropped this week ( Vis was great!) just be sure and keep everyone off the road bed it silts up quickly

billucusdiver
09-23-2007, 20:06
I managed to get one walleye this weekend. I must not know all the right spots. We usually hang arount the jordan area. That is where we keep the boat. Oh well maybe someday.

Bring the Payne
09-23-2007, 20:07
At least you shot the walleye directly in the head. We just need to follow those guys if they ever come back down!

Kidder
09-23-2007, 20:30
do you guys have any underwater pictures from this weekend?

cummings66
09-23-2007, 22:05
I'd like to see some as well.

Bring the Payne
09-23-2007, 23:09

Yeah, I took a few but the vis was so bad they turned out pretty bad.

billucusdiver
09-24-2007, 17:55
Payne, post that pic with all the bass.

Bring the Payne
09-24-2007, 18:26
Will do, let me see if I can find the one you are talking about. We ended up taking something like 126 pictures and 2 videos.

Kidder
09-24-2007, 20:24
Payne, post that pic with all the bass.

That would be cool. You know you could have gone after the base if you did some under water fishing... :smiley2: Just a thought

In any event I would love to see some picts. :smilie40:

Charlotte Smith
09-25-2007, 14:22

Yeah, I took a few but the vis was so bad they turned out pretty bad.
Hey guys...sorry about not getting back on here with the numbers for the bridge but my father-in-law got sick this weekend and we had to leave after a night dive on Saturday and I simply forgot(my bad). He has Multiple Myeloma (bone cancer)and has been fighting it for 15 years so when he gets a fever or anything its a big deal..he got one Saturday night and we rushed back but when we tool him to Little Rock yesterday they told us that it was a side effect of the new chemo he is taking so all is well for the moment. We did get 4 more gallon bags of cats this weekend but we are always fishing near Henderson....I think maybe the fishing is worse near Jordan because of the traffic. If all goes well this week we will be back at the lake this weekend and I will get the #'s for anyone that wants them. We had a discussion about this this weekend and we are thinking about getting a board at the LDS with the coordinates on them and when someone finds a new spot they can contribute and get #'s in return. What do you think?

billucusdiver
09-25-2007, 17:30
Sounds like a great idea. I have not done much fishing on that end of the lake. Mainly because it is quite a run in our dive boat. It would take like a morgage payment worth of gas to get there and back. I would definantly like to hook up with some other people who know the hot spots.

Charlotte Smith
09-26-2007, 00:25
Sounds like a great idea. I have not done much fishing on that end of the lake. Mainly because it is quite a run in our dive boat. It would take like a morgage payment worth of gas to get there and back. I would definantly like to hook up with some other people who know the hot spots.
Let me know when you are coming and I will try and "hook you up" there are alot of boats and old homesites to fish at that end you just have to know where they are...in fact we found a new one on Saturday. I will have to say I did not like the night dive at all! the only thing fun was see a huge striper about 2 foot from me but then again that was about all the vis we had WITH lights.