PDA

View Full Version : Software.....

texdiveguy
07-14-2007, 16:05
For those of you divers who use dive planning software for cutting custom tables and actually execute staged decompression dives...what is your software pick?

I use DecoPlanner 3, though I like V-Planner as well.

smileys/smiley2.gif

woody
07-14-2007, 17:53
GAP w/ RGBM for me.

texdiveguy
07-15-2007, 21:40
Woody think its just us...............smileys/smiley24.gif

CompuDude
07-16-2007, 11:04
Not cutting tables until I take adv.nitrox/deco procedures later this year/early next... then it'll either be GAP or DecoPlanner.

texdiveguy
07-16-2007, 11:18
Not cutting tables until I take adv.nitrox/deco procedures later this year/early next... then it'll either be GAP or DecoPlanner.

Best of wishes on your classes later in the year. smileys/smiley1.gif

SiscoKid
07-18-2007, 21:06
<DIV>I did the TDI adv. nitrox/deco to 150, grate course. To dive CCR you have to have this behind you</DIV>

scubatexastony
07-24-2007, 21:34
V planner

fire diver
07-26-2007, 13:15
As soon as I finish my advnitrox/deco I plan on using V-planner. I've played around with the free trial version and really like it.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>FD</DIV>

cummings66
07-27-2007, 14:39
What I wonder is this. I've used V planner and Gap. They give different dive profiles for the same dive, of course they're based on different models and that's why. I know V Planner seems to be the current favorite of IANTD which is one of the agencies I plan on doing advanced Nitrox/Deco with so I'm leaning that way, but I really like how Gap works.

Is one of them clearly safer or better than the other or is it mostly like dive computers where each brand is slightly different in what it allows? I.e. conservative vs liberal?

texdiveguy
07-27-2007, 20:15
What I wonder is this. I've used V planner and Gap. They give different dive profiles for the same dive, of course they're based on different models and that's why. I know V Planner seems to be the current favorite of IANTD which is one of the agencies I plan on doing advanced Nitrox/Deco with so I'm leaning that way, but I really like how Gap works.

Is one of them clearly safer or better than the other or is it mostly like dive computers where each brand is slightly different in what it allows? I.e. conservative vs liberal?

Nice question..... for the most part IMO having used several kinds of deco software....most are pretty good....we each have our favorite--- I use Deco Planner 3.0 . All the popular ones are safe in as much as deco calculations can be....not a solid science by any terms---but darn better than the 'other' options! The different software brands are much like the differences we might see in dive computers......the 2 you mention are well recognized and used.

Dive-aholic
07-31-2007, 03:18
Just saw this. I use Deco Planner to cut tables for most dives, especially the dives that have lots of depth changes or when I'm diving mix. If I'm doing a simple consistent depth dive and don't have my laptop with me, I'll pull out the Navy Tables and cut a plan manually.