PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Lung Titan Regulator

Cichlid
07-14-2007, 16:28
In my search for a place to get certified, I came across a deal that included a free Aqua Lung Titan Regulator with the $300 PADI class. If my wife and I didn't want the regs, he said he would certify us both for the $300. What sounds better, $600 for 2 regs and 2 certs or $300 for 2 certs?

tc_rain
07-14-2007, 17:48
I think you can do better thenthe Titan regs for 300.If it wasme, I would just take the class and buy my regs somplace else. You should be able to buy the Titan LX for close to 300 whichis a much better reg. Plus,Aqua Lung offers the free octosometimes too.

Joew
07-15-2007, 02:41
I think you can do better then the Titan regs for 300. If it was me, I would just take the class and buy my regs somplace else. You should be able to buy the Titan LX for close to 300 which is a much better reg. Plus, Aqua Lung offers the free octosometimes too.

I think you misread the original post. He would get 2 regs for that extra $300. I agree the Titan isn't is good as the Titan LX, but for $150 each I think it's a very good deal.

Edit: This price seems really cheap. Are these used rental regs that the instructor is throwing in?

dutch552
07-15-2007, 05:29
$150 is a pretty darn good price on a new Titan. They run in the $300 range in my area with the free octo deal.

Prouty33
07-15-2007, 08:02
Personally 2 Certs with 2 regs for $600 sounds like a pretty good deal...That's a $150 cert and a $150 reg for the both of you. If you wanted the LX models, maybe he'd put the $300 towards a better set of regs

tc_rain
07-15-2007, 10:50
Yes, I did misread it. I would have to agree 150 for the Titan is a good deal. From whatI have been seeing is the Titan is running around 275. Will that deal still include the free octo?

Cichlid
07-15-2007, 11:37
Sorry if it was confusing. They are new regs, here's the link if you guys wanna check it out.

http://www.azdiveshop.com/classes.htm

I don't have anything yet, so I thought even if I used them as a back
up it would be worth it. Also, I'm pretty sure it's just the reg, no
octo. I appreciate your guy's input.

racket
07-15-2007, 13:18
$300 and a pretty good regulator, I'd be all over that unless the instructors were horrible.
<DIV></DIV>

thesmoothdome
07-15-2007, 13:20
Be careful with this one. First of all, the ad itself expired at the end of May. If he offered it to you, I'd assume they're still running the deal though. What concerns me is that everything listed is just for the classroom and pool sessions. No mention is made of the open water check out dives.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>On another page I found that there are two options for your OW dives. One is a camping trip for an additional $200.00 where you have to drive and feed yourself as well as provide your own camping gear. The other is a boat diving/hotel trip whichcosts $334.00. Interestingly, they do provide rental gear for these trips, but do not provide wet suits. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Oh, and since we're discussing costs, don't forget the obligatory "personal gear" you'll have to purchase. Mask, fins, snorkel, booties and gloves. On average, I'd say they'll run you around $200.00per person. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Queen
07-15-2007, 13:29
I worked at The Dive Shop in Tucson last year, I can tell you Mark and Del run a top notch place and will bend over backwards to help you in any way possible. If you have any questions or concerns go in and see them (if you can go at an off-peak time it's even better), hang out and talk with them...it's a fantastic bunch of folks there.smileys/smiley20.gif

przeor
07-15-2007, 13:34
The Titan is the first regulator we got, and we really like them. Some shops use them as rentals, so you know they'll take a beating. For the price you mentioned with class, I'd definately get the regs (especially if the shop/instructors are good)!

Cichlid
07-15-2007, 14:43
thesmoothdome, the only thing I was worried about was the dives. Those two trips are to Mexico, I'll have to find out about the local AZ Lake Pleasant options for certification dives. I called them the other dayand they are running the special thru July, possibly Aug. I placed my order for my personal gear here at ST and I'm taking my wife to trysome gear at a lds. Queen, thanks for the recommendation, it means a lot.

thesmoothdome
07-15-2007, 21:32
Cichlid,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Without a doubt, if they're doing the deal with local dives, you scored. In the end, it comes down to the education you get rather than a chance to save a few bucks. It's nice that Queen was able to share her experiences with the shop too. Good luck and have fun. </DIV>

przeor
07-16-2007, 20:44
cichlid, keep us posted on how it goes! Once you guys are certified, you'll have to swing up to Lake Pleasant and join us for some dives!

Cichlid
07-17-2007, 18:49
Yeah, for sure! I thought we'd start a class in a couple of weeks at
the latest, but now it might be longer. My wife is starting a new job
and her brother really wants to get certified too. He needs some time
to save the money, although I might just loan him the cash. I've got
the itch and I need to get started or I will explode. Grrrrr!

przeor
07-18-2007, 02:37
tell him to get in gear, every day you're not starting class is a day you could be (and I am) diving! Better get a move on before the lakes get too cold! You don't want to do class in a 7mm if you don't have to. Lake Pleasant is 82 toasty degrees... much better than when it hits the 50's!

Cichlid
07-18-2007, 22:36
tell him to get in gear, every day you're not
starting class is a day you could be (and I am) diving!
Better get a move on before the lakes get too cold! You don't
want to do class in a 7mm if you don't have to. Lake Pleasant is
82 toasty degrees... much better than when it hits the 50's!

I found out I won't need to scuba with any added weights such as a
weight belt. Know why? It's because every where I go, przeor is on my
back! That should be enough, right? smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif
Well przeor, now that I got my fins (black), mask, and snorkel today,
it's gonna be hard to keep me out of a class. I'll be there sooner or
later, promise you'll still be there for me no matter what happens! smileys/smiley27.gif smileys/smiley9.gif

smileys/smiley5.gif

przeor
07-19-2007, 01:16
I'll take that as a compliment, you could have said I was positively bouyant... We'll be around for a while, of course we'll be at lake more while it's warm....

Cichlid
07-19-2007, 01:27
I've been waiting 45 mins for you to stumble back onto this thread! Bout time!smileys/smiley2.gif
You're like the little scuba guys on my shoulders. One devil, one
angel. I just haven't figured which one you are and if that's good or
not!smileys/smiley36.gif

przeor
07-19-2007, 05:09
You have too much time on your hands if you waiting for me stumble back over here... you should be in the pool working on those mask flooding skills! http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley15.gif