PDA

View Full Version : Review and Recommendation on my Gear...

cyclone
09-21-2007, 22:44
Newbie again...I'd like to ask everyone about my gear. Review, recommendation, Is it bad or good? Is it good enough for a starter? I wanted to stay with Oceanic brands so any upgrades that you can recommend will greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Oceanic excursion BCD
Aluminum 80 tank, Candy blue color, with the thing on the top, with the thing on the bottom, and they put a thing around it's body, and I think there a thing inside, something like air I think...
Oceanic veo 100 nx swiv computer gauges w/ compass
Oceanic alpha 8 px3 regulator and Octo
Neosport wet suit and boots
Aeris velocity duo fins
Oceanic BC knife

jo8243
09-21-2007, 23:15
If it works for you, it's in good shape, and you're happy with it, then it's good. WARNING: Do not post this question on scubaboard or they'll dissect it to death.

FishFood
09-21-2007, 23:18
^^ Deffintley. They'd also probably scoff at the idea of an aluminum tank....

BTW, make sure you get the correct exposure protection. Not to thick, not too thin.

cyclone
09-21-2007, 23:25
^^ Deffintley. They'd also probably scoff at the idea of an aluminum tank.... Noob...:smiley13: I dont get it...

cyclone
09-21-2007, 23:26
BTW, make you get the right exposure protection. Not to thick, not too thin. :smiley13: Noob, I dont get this one too...

FishFood
09-21-2007, 23:31
BTW, make you get the right exposure protection. Not to thick, not too thin. :smiley13: Noob, I dont get this one too...

Oops, add "sure" after make.

As for the first part, the folks at ScubaBoard would scoff at the idea of an aluminum (AL) tank.

cyclone
09-21-2007, 23:37

Oops, add "sure" after make.

As for the first part, the folks at ScubaBoard would scoff at the idea of an aluminum (AL) tank.
:smiley2: bwa ha ha...It's a noobie question, I hope they understand...Look again, I edited the Aluminum thing...

FishFood
09-21-2007, 23:38
You've lost me bubba **scratches head & re-reads posts**

cyclone
09-21-2007, 23:41
You've lost me bubba **scratches head & re-reads posts**
Now read again, Forest...

crpntr133
09-22-2007, 00:04
Dude your going to kill yourself...just kidding. :D

Enjoy your new gear.

cyclone
09-22-2007, 00:16
Dude your going to kill yourself...just kidding. :D

Enjoy your new gear.

Gave me a Heart Attack...:smiley20::smiley2:

Zenagirl
09-22-2007, 06:36
If you're happy with everything, kudos to you. Oceanic makes good gear, though I'm curious as to why you wanted to stick with one brand. Care to enlighten me?

Coaster
09-22-2007, 06:51
Does your LDS sell only Oceanic?

ScubaToys Larry
09-22-2007, 08:10
Newbie again...I'd like to ask everyone about my gear. Review, recommendation, Is it bad or good?

After you've already purchased it might be a bit late to ask for recommendations unless you plan on returning it. I personally would have tried to get you into different stuff top to bottom - but that doesn't mean your stuff is wrong for you. I just would have gone with an adjustable reg, gotten a 2 button computer with audibles and download capability, I'm not sure what kind of diving you are doing, but for a semi-tech style BC, I would have leaned toward a zeagle for the lifetime warranty and more modular design...

But a lot of these things are personal choices and if you are happy with the stuff - enjoy it! That's all that counts!

Vercingetorix
09-22-2007, 08:56
A quick question. Noting that you're in Plano, and therefore, just up the road from Carrollton:

1) You may want to go talk to the folks at ScubaToys in person.

2) Is there an option to return the gear? I'm just asking if the option is available; I'm not recommending that you do so. that would be a decision based upon discussion with ST. Thsoe folks may tell you to stick with what you've got.

Charles R
09-22-2007, 09:13
I say if you like it and most importantly it fits properly then who cares what any body else thinks. What is important is you enjoy it and are able to dive as much as possible it the gear you have chossen!:smiley20:

crpntr133
09-22-2007, 13:45
Newbie again...I'd like to ask everyone about my gear. Review, recommendation, Is it bad or good?

After you've already purchased it might be a bit late to ask for recommendations unless you plan on returning it. I personally would have tried to get you into different stuff top to bottom - but that doesn't mean your stuff is wrong for you. I just would have gone with an adjustable reg, gotten a 2 button computer with audibles and download capability, I'm not sure what kind of diving you are doing, but for a semi-tech style BC, I would have leaned toward a zeagle for the lifetime warranty and more modular design...

But a lot of these things are personal choices and if you are happy with the stuff - enjoy it! That's all that counts!

From other posts on the board I don't think he has bought. I thought the same thing. Kinda too late if you ahve already bought it.

quasimoto
09-22-2007, 16:16
Decent gear..now go dive and learn.

cyclone
09-22-2007, 18:35
AMEN, lol...Thanks for the review...:smiley20: Will be diving pretty soon and I will glide like a manta ray with my Oceanic BCD. LOL...:smilie39:

cyclone
09-22-2007, 18:44
If you're happy with everything, kudos to you. Oceanic makes good gear, though I'm curious as to why you wanted to stick with one brand. Care to enlighten me?

Yep, I think I'm happy with it. About sticking with the same brand, I think there is pros and cons. Let's say if a place sells gears leaning towards Oceanic then a good place to get everything in one place, same thing with the opposite. And I think it's cute...:smiley2: It's like I'm on my Nike shoes, with nike shirt, and a nike watch plus I did a nike commercial so...:smilie39:

Especially for a woman, I much prefer a woman with beautiful eyes, beautiful face, beautiful smile, and most of all beautiful personality.
Oceanic for my gear
Beautiful woman diving with me, and thats my wife- god, I love her so much...:smiley9::smiley9::smiley9::smiley9:

crpntr133
09-22-2007, 23:13
You could always buy Oceanic wt suit and boots so you could be..... Oceanic man, stomping out bad dives the world across. :D Bet they even make gloves and hoods as well. Ya just need the cape. :D

cyclone
09-22-2007, 23:27
You could always buy Oceanic wt suit and boots so you could be..... Oceanic man, stomping out bad dives the world across. :D Bet they even make gloves and hoods as well. Ya just need the cape. :D:smilie39::smilie39:
Oceanic toothbrush, oceanic cologne, oceanic underwear, oceanic lipstic for my wife, oceanic make up, oceanic underarm deodorant, oceanic foot powder. bwa ha ha:smilie39: The hell with Zeagle...oops...

Theepdinker
09-23-2007, 00:00
Maybe you didn't realize ScubaToys sells Oceanic.
They also have a meet or beat price policy.
Maybe you otta talk to them.:smilie40:

Theep

wxboy911
09-23-2007, 09:07
It looks like a great setup-I like the Alpha 8 reg, in fact I almost bought one. Good luck and enjoy the gear.

crpntr133
09-23-2007, 10:04
:smilie39::smilie39:
Oceanic toothbrush, oceanic cologne, oceanic underwear, oceanic lipstic for my wife, oceanic make up, oceanic underarm deodorant, oceanic foot powder. bwa ha ha:smilie39: The hell with Zeagle...oops...

HEY NOW!! :D

cyclone
09-23-2007, 21:36
It looks like a great setup-I like the Alpha 8 reg, in fact I almost bought one. Good luck and enjoy the gear.
Kewl, good to hear that. Thanks...