PDA

View Full Version : "The Complete Diver" Recommendation?

snagel
01-15-2013, 16:12
Has anybody read, "The Complete Diver" by Dr. Alex Brylske?

I've been seeing more and more reference to this book (Partially because Dr. Brylske is the Senior Editor for Dive Training Magazine) and was thinking about picking up a copy and giving it a read.

Was wondering if anybody could give a recommendation or thought on the book.

Snagel

FoxHound
01-15-2013, 19:07
hmm Im not sure about that one, have not read it.

One that I will recommend though, and it is good info for all levels of diving, is The Six Skills and Other Discussions. Its by Steve Lewis, great read and I think every diver should have a copy

bfmorgan
01-15-2013, 19:12
I wish that more dive books would be converted to Kindle or Nook. That way you can read a sample which helps to decide. Like Foxhound I have not read the Six Skills but it gets good reviews.

TwistedSister209
01-15-2013, 19:23
Snagel--
Please post a brief, or not so brief, review if you get it.

scubadiver888
01-15-2013, 21:58
hmm Im not sure about that one, have not read it.

One that I will recommend though, and it is good info for all levels of diving, is The Six Skills and Other Discussions. Its by Steve Lewis, great read and I think every diver should have a copy

+1

I have been reading Steve Lewis' blog (Doppler) for years. When I heard he was writing a book I pre-ordered. It was a great read and I definitely recommend it to anyone diving or interested in diving.

Charon
01-16-2013, 08:18
Much of this book was published chapter by chapter each month in Dive Training. You might be able to pick up a copy of DT and see what you think. For me, it was kind of a superficial treatment of really basic stuff I already knew. For a newly certified diver it might be worth something. Personally, I wasn't terribly impressed.

snagel
01-16-2013, 17:11
I caught part of it in one of the Dive Training Mag's. Didn't know they have published more.