PDA

View Full Version : What be you see?

inventor
01-17-2013, 00:34
What types of critter are seen in your dive site? What would be your bucket list fish? Here in Las Vegas/Lake Mead, we have Blue Gill trout, catfish, Quagga mussles, (an invasive Zebra mussel), and sunfish, introduced to eat the Guagga. Bucket is Hammerhead swarm off the Galapogos, any Dolphin bubble feeding swarm, and a quiet night of any bioluminescent variety.

snagel
01-17-2013, 05:31
Our lakes, just the typical bluegill, crappy, and bass. We do get some rather large catfish. Occasionally, we run into a gar; which is kinda cool. One of the quarries we dive in has some very large Spoonbill this is awesome. So far none of the lakes have any zebra mussels, but one quarry is covered in them. We have been chased by water snakes in some of the lakes and streams and snapped at by a crawdad or two.

(Midwest area - Missouri, Arkansas, and Illinois)

Snagel

TwistedSister209
01-17-2013, 07:09
The last time I went to CSSP, there was the attack perch. Haven't seen as much as snagel in our lakes.
Nudibranchs, banded sea snakes, whale sharks, seahorses, and sand tigers have been my favorite spotted.
My bucket list is too long to post because I want to see everything!

Charon
01-17-2013, 07:53
Lakes here have a bunch of different stuff: northern pike, walleye, largemouth & smallmouth bass, rock bass, perch, crappie, bluegill, sunfish. Caught a 40+ inch american eel once. Would like to see one of those on a dive.

Rivers: Pretty much the same cast of characters. Snorkeling in rivers I'd like to see a big mudpuppy.

Saltwater bucket list: whale shark, blue ring octopus, manta - but I'm happy with anything that happens to be there.

bfmorgan
01-17-2013, 11:35
The Great Lakes and many of the inland lakes have Zebra Mussells. The bad side is they cling to everything. The good side, especially in the Great Lakes, they have improved the visibility by filtering algae out of the water.
Inland Lakes: Perch, Bass, Bluegills, crappie, Gar Pike, Muskellunge, Northern Pike, Walleye, Trout,Cat Fish, etc. Some of the quarries in Ohio have Spoonbills.

Great Lakes has everything that is in the inland lakes plus many more species. Salmon is one of the species that get to a pretty good size in the Great Lakes. Sturgeon is another rather large fish. I have not found a sturgeon underwater, but they are huge and should be easy to spot if you get close.

DiveHard
01-17-2013, 13:06
This winter spring diving in the Fl aquifer I have seen fresh water eel, turtles, blue gill, bass, carp, mullet, and albino blind crawfish. Bucket list..? Whatever doesn't decide to taste me or chase me.