PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys!!!

CarolinaGirl
07-14-2007, 20:56
Hi to everyone. It's about time Scuba Toys did something like this! I live in a little town in Oklahoma, but am really a transplanted North Carolina Girl. My husband and I became certified last year and have been diving ever since.</font></font></font>

Lucky(AR)
07-22-2007, 00:06
thats great you and your hubby dive together i cant get my wife to try it yet..still working on it though...welcome to the board

Judestudio
07-22-2007, 07:03
Welcome indeed!

TommyB
07-22-2007, 10:19
Hi to everyone. It's about time Scuba Toys did something like this! I live in a little town in Oklahoma, but am really a transplanted North Carolina Girl. My husband and I became certified last year and have been diving ever since.</font></font></font>

Hi CarolinaGirl..
Welcome to ST'' where the crazy's posters hangout :)

What little town would that be. We have a lake house in "little town" in OK.
Up in Grove on Grand Lake. Mother-in-law lives in Barttesville.

CarolinaGirl
07-22-2007, 17:22
Keep working on her. She doesn't realize what she's missing!!!!!!! It's the best thing we have ever done together (AND you get to travel. Our next trip is to Caymen Brac in a few months.)

CarolinaGirl
07-22-2007, 17:26
Just the little town of Mustang, which isn't feeling so little anymore. It's grown so much that it has lost that small town feel and we are thinking about moving. How about diving at Grand Lake - is that possible? We go to some of the closer lakes to dive in the summer when we can't get to the ocean.

Rascal1933
07-22-2007, 18:10
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Yes! another OK Diver.
<DIV>Welcome To the ST Forum!</DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Oh My.... So itsjust a matter of time before you will be sayingGo Sooners? Just kidding nothing wrong with the North Carolina Tarheels,other than they took my favorite coach away from the Kansas Jayhawks. http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Great that you and your husband are dive buddies.</DIV>
<DIV>There are lots of ST Members in the OKC area close to you.</DIV>
<DIV>Sweetness&gt;2 more OK divers to add to our growing list!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Glad you found us here on The ST Community.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>Rascal</DIV>

94GTStang
07-22-2007, 18:26
Hey welcome to the boards! I along with another board member are on the south side of OKC/Moore.

Rascal1933
07-22-2007, 18:30
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>See there Carolina girl,I told youthe OK divers were out there!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Hey thereEric~Whatsup?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

94GTStang
07-22-2007, 18:49
Not a whole lot Rascal... just been out looking for a new tele. The old one kicked the bucket a while ago. But of course with the Coz vacation Thursday and my g/f's engagement ring... it'll be a while more till I can pick up a new TV

TommyB
07-22-2007, 18:53
.....How about diving at Grand Lake - is that possible? We go to some of the closer lakes to dive in the summer when we can't get to the ocean.

You can dive there..
Avg vis = 1 to 2 ft on a great day!

Rascal1933
07-23-2007, 21:31
Hey There Tommy,
<DIV>Didn't you mean: Avg vis = 1 to 2 ft on the most perfect,excellent you will never see Grand Lake Vis this good in our lifetime again day? smileys/smiley4.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

TommyB
07-23-2007, 23:45
Hey There Tommy,
<div>Didn't you mean: Avg vis = 1 to 2 ft on the most perfect,excellent you will never see Grand Lake Vis this good in our lifetime again day? smileys/smiley4.gif</div>
<div></div>

Yep!!
Exactly--

That is when diving gods are shinning down and feels nice, and is going to give you that once in a life-time dive on Grand Lake.

Other then expect 6" to 10 " vis :)
If you notice, I don't think they even have a single post about diving on
grand lake
Lake
Acreage:

"World's Longest Multiple Arch Dam"</font>
GRAND LAKE O' THE CHEROKEES*
Elevation / 745.0 feet (above sea level)
Area / 46, 500 acres
Capacity / 1,672,000 acre-feet
Mean Depth / 35.9 feet
Maximum Depth / 164 feet

http://www.grandlakeaction.com/sightseeing.html
http://www.grandlakefun.com/

kevinj1
07-24-2007, 19:26
thats great you and your hubby dive together i cant get my wife to try it yet..still working on it though...welcome to the board
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>the best way to get your wife into the sport is to rent a DVD called "Coral Reef Adventure". Its about a husband and wife dive team that dive around the world---------incredible movie...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Rascal1933
07-24-2007, 19:39
the best way to get your wife into the sport is to rent a DVD called "Coral Reef Adventure". Its about a husband and wife dive team that dive around the world.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Kevin I have tried everything to get my wife to dive.</DIV>
<DIV>It sounds like a great dvd.</DIV>
<DIV>Do you think that after she watches it,she will ask to go to ScubaToy's to buy some gear? http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley14.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Just kidding.... heck I am gonna pick it up so I can watch it! </DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for the heads -up on dvd.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

kevinj1
07-24-2007, 19:47
If that DVD doesn't work, I don't know what will. The movie is even shot with IMAX cameras--it is the closest thing to actually being in the ocean.
<DIV>GOOD LUCK--and let us know how it goes.</DIV>

unclepooty
07-24-2007, 19:54
welcome to the st board. raised in cushing ok. transplanted to tx

Moxie
07-24-2007, 21:56
Hi Carolinagirl. Nice to see another XX on the forum.

debay
09-18-2007, 10:02
north carolina diving rocks! hope to see you on the coast one day.

ncdivers.com