PDA

View Full Version : Poll witch type of P-Vave

Charles R
09-22-2007, 11:10
Ok Guys Larry said he took away our post counts because we dont disscuse mens Scuba issues here So here is a poll for the men only Sorry women your only option is #3

plot
09-23-2007, 13:31
Someone needs to teach me about p-valves. Right now I only dive wet.

marchand
09-23-2007, 13:35
Who said you cant put a pee valve in a wetsuit?

plot
09-23-2007, 13:49
Like I said, somebody needs to teach me. ready... set... TEACH!

CompuDude
09-24-2007, 18:21
Not much point to a p valve in a wetsuit. Just cut loose! There are a few inherent risks to using a p valve, so I wouldn't use one unless I needed to.

Currently, the diving I do doesn't require me to go more than a couple of hours without returning to the shore or a boat, so I don't have or need one. Once I start doing longer deco hangs than that, I'll be sure to install a balanced p valve, so that's how I voted.

Theepdinker
09-25-2007, 00:35
No valve.
My diving is all NDL.
I can wait till I'm topside.

Theep

Tod
09-25-2007, 12:30
Currently I don't have one installed on my drysuit. My drysuit does, however, have a relief zipper installed (a factory option) that has came in handy between dives when I didn't want to take off my suit. I have been considering one, just haven't made that step toward punching a hole in my suit's thigh.

I also found that the relief zipper is handy when I just get out of the water, I can reach down and "burp" the suit and let fresh air in quickly - even before I get my rig off!

Tableleg
09-25-2007, 21:25
Not much point to a p valve in a wetsuit. The problem with that is instead of warm water surounding your body, you have warm pee. :smiley11:

There have been several occations I've waited to pee till after the dive because I really didn't want to be swimming around in my own urine. I can deal with peeing on my leg. Or even in a swimming pool. But not in a suit designed to keep the liquid touching 90% of my body as stationary as possible. :smiley36:

plot
09-25-2007, 22:51
Not much point to a p valve in a wetsuit. The problem with that is instead of warm water surounding your body, you have warm pee. :smiley11:

There have been several occations I've waited to pee till after the dive because I really didn't want to be swimming around in my own urine. I can deal with peeing on my leg. Or even in a swimming pool. But not in a suit designed to keep the liquid touching 90% of my body as stationary as possible. :smiley36:

I never pee in my wetsuit and it never smells bad. My buddies that do pee and do it on purpose to warm up at depth... they're constantly soaking their wetsuits to get the smells out.

They blame it on it staying damp in the sun or whatever else, but I think it's the pee.

torrey
09-26-2007, 11:44
I never pee in my wetsuit and it never smells bad. My buddies that do pee and do it on purpose to warm up at depth... they're constantly soaking their wetsuits to get the smells out.

They blame it on it staying damp in the sun or whatever else, but I think it's the pee.

Drinking plenty of water will take just about any smell out of pee. If you haven't though, look out!

CompuDude
09-26-2007, 12:28

Adding a relief zipper to your wetsuit would accomplish the same goal, with less expense and less medical risk. I could see that more than installing a pee valve.

Urine isn't what makes your wetsuit stink. Plenty of stinky suits out there owned by non-pee'rs.

Tip: InstaDry suits are expensive and not super durable. But they don't stink. At all. No matter what you do in them.

Theepdinker
09-26-2007, 13:21
I haven't pee'd in a wetsuit since the first dive in a drysuit.
Two benefits as I see it.
I won't pee my drysuit. Almost did once.
My wetsuit always smells clean with a quick rinse & hang dry.

Theep

Charles R
09-26-2007, 16:46
I spend tooo much time under water now a days to not have one and @ last check I dont want to turn my dry suit into a wet suit! I have a balanced P-valve and Dont always hook up depending on the dive but I like having that option when I dive.

texdiveguy
09-26-2007, 16:50
Dry suit...heavy duty Depends when needed....I never liked the fit or issues with pee-valves.

hydro
09-27-2007, 11:00
Balanced p-valve that I hook up when I know I'll be doing longer/deco dives.

CompuDude is right about UTIs with p-valves, so gotta maintain the upkeep. I've never had a problem with that yet, and hopefully it stays that way.

vadiver
11-04-2007, 17:59
Unbalanced p-valve. I like the idea of getting a better flow through the tube after use. I love the idea of the p-valve for long/deco dives, but the condoms are expensive!

CompuDude
11-04-2007, 20:13
Unbalanced p-valve. I like the idea of getting a better flow through the tube after use. I love the idea of the p-valve for long/deco dives, but the condoms are expensive!

Incredibly nominal expense compared to the cost of the trimix normally used on such dives...

cow109
11-29-2007, 13:33
Q: What's a "poll witch?"
A: A female volunteer on election day...??

DivingCRNA
04-29-2008, 14:19
I just had a balanced pee valve put in because I was getting new seals anyway and long periods in a shallow, cold cavern are in my DM future...

elijahb
05-02-2008, 18:58
How long are you guys down for that you can't wait to cut lose? you can just piss before you dive and right after you get out of the water!!!

CompuDude
05-02-2008, 19:28
How long are you guys down for that you can't wait to cut lose? you can just piss before you dive and right after you get out of the water!!!

2+ hours... guys doing serious deco dives can be in for 6+ hours.

And sometimes, well, timing is just bad. Especially when you're on a small panga launching from shore. Pee in the nearest bathroom, 10 minutes to shore, 20 minutes to get the panga loaded and launched, 20 minutes to the divesite, and you're already at 50 minutes before you set fin in the water.

texdiveguy
05-02-2008, 19:34

And sometimes, well, timing is just bad. Especially when you're on a small panga launching from shore. Pee in the nearest bathroom, 10 minutes to shore, 20 minutes to get the panga loaded and launched, 20 minutes to the divesite, and you're already at 50 minutes before you set fin in the water.

This is why a panga has short sides....set up and let her rip!

DivingCRNA
05-02-2008, 21:29
I just got my suit back with p-valve installed and I cannot wait to pee on dry land. Rolling down the suit sucks. Diving deep and dehydrated is dangerous!

texdiveguy
05-02-2008, 21:44
I still find that HD Depends work great.

In terms of dehydration, that is a no-no shallow or deep, it is a contributing factor to several diving maladies.

CompuDude
05-02-2008, 21:58

This is why a panga has short sides....set up and let her rip!

Sometimes. Not so easy in mixed company (for them... not me! ;) ) or larger than usual waves. I've done it because I had to, not because I enjoyed it.

I'm installing my new p-valve next week. Thank God!