PDA

View Full Version : I Just cant take it anymore

PyrateDiver
01-31-2013, 20:47
Just got the bonus, and had a Staycay scheduled for the last week of February
have not been down since May of last year.

I know Nortes can get you this time of year.
Anyone think I am nuts for rolling the dice and going anyway?
We are looking at Iberostar from the 25th to March 2

How can you get port open or close status?
Any February tips or warnings before I pull the trigger?

Clernix
01-31-2013, 21:21
If it would affect being able to go another time of year then I wouldn't risk it. If it was the only option or I could go again I would go for it. It's a crap shoot the port could be closed every day or not a single day and any variation of the two.

Defman
01-31-2013, 22:44
Obviously hard to tell what the weather will do a month from now, but if the past couple of months have been any indication I wouldn't worry too much about a Norte... Jeez, my grass is growing and the dogs are shedding down here!!! It's a gamble, but probably a safe one. If you're really concerned, spend the extra $$ on trip insurance in case something happens.

PyrateDiver
02-08-2013, 12:57
Booked, March 2-9 got to blow some bubbles

DevilDiver
02-08-2013, 14:34
Can't predict the weather any time of year but I am leaving for Coz Monday (Feb 11) for a week and have no worries.

Weather seems great other than a couple of showers here and there (normal) and the winds have been fairly calm (10mph-ish) and from the East. Air temps mid 70's to low 80's and water high 70's to low 80's (Thinking 3ml full), winds from East (Good). Currents could be moving pretty good but no way to predict what you will get.

If they close the port you will know that morning....

Have fun on your trip!!!

PyrateDiver
02-08-2013, 15:23
You too, we are hoping to get in a lot of diving.

Diver Kat
02-08-2013, 15:55
We'll be there March 23 - April 1st ..... can't wait!!!!

amoses
02-09-2013, 11:45
Can't predict the weather any time of year but I am leaving for Coz Monday (Feb 11) for a week and have no worries.
Have fun on your trip!!!

You are fixing to leave Devil, getting itchy? Have a great time. Let us know how it goes. Post some pics.