PDA

View Full Version : Manta Ray Video - Bonaire

Scubagal
02-10-2013, 10:25
What an amazing week! 15 members of the Greater Omaha SCUBA Club traveled to Bonaire. We had nearly picture perfect weather and the diving was 'da bomb! Sightings included free swimming eels (green, spotted, and sharptail), frogfish, seahorses, green turtles, and more. The highlights for me were seeing a 10 ft. manta ray and dolphins riding the bow of our dive boat. Lots of great pictures and video taken by club members. I plan to edit all our video into a 25 minute DVD but here's a teaster, a link to my manta ray footage shot at the dive site Something Special on Feb. 5.
http://youtu.be/-vB07WxBP6Q

snagel
02-10-2013, 11:43
Simply....WOW!!!!! Can't wait to see more...I just might pee my wetsuit if I saw something like that.

S. Nagel

Zeagle Eagle
02-10-2013, 16:41
He was breathing really fast. I think I would have too.

Scubagal
02-10-2013, 17:24
He was breathing really fast. I think I would have too.

I normally have a slow steady breathing pattern but obviously not when I see and video a manta ray, lol.

Zeagle Eagle
02-10-2013, 20:57
I normally have a slow steady breathing pattern but obviously not when I see and video a manta ray, lol.
Yep, no worries SG. It was very obvious that a Manta doesn't come along every day. I think I would have sucked most of my air in the first 5 minutes. It's great even with all my years of diving to get excited underwater. That's why I still do it.

snagel
02-10-2013, 21:46
I thought the Eagle Rays in Bonaire were cool, but not as cool as the Manta. I remember when I sighted the Eagle Rays in the sand at Red Slave and the rest of my group was down on the reef. I was trying to signal them and take pictures at the same time.....pretty much sucked down 1/2 my tank in about 5 minutes.

We want more! Hurry up with the video (LoL)

Snagel

TGK
02-10-2013, 22:36
That is absolutely amazing.....

Scubagal
02-11-2013, 05:01
Here is a link to some additional footage of the manta ray shot by my hubby.
Manta Ray in Bonaire - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmqIIu42U5Y)