PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this octo?

coralcrazed
09-22-2007, 14:04
hey what do you guys think of the mares brigade viper octo? it looks real slim and nice in profile to help with streamlining... However, how does if perform? is it a POS or a good basic octo for warm water diving.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...T_ID=viperocto (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=viperocto)

quasimoto
09-22-2007, 16:11
Depends upon what type of diving you are going to do. There is no one reg for all applications.

coralcrazed
09-22-2007, 17:26
Depends upon what type of diving you are going to do. There is no one reg for all applications.
uhhhh warm water its right there in the question dude! :smiley2:

DevilDiver
09-22-2007, 19:25
Great Octo... I have purchased this one for all of my regs i have had. Slim profile and easy breather if you need it. Priced right as well!!!!!!!!!!!

thesmoothdome
09-22-2007, 22:54
Honestly, it's an octo. I'm not looking for a high performance octo. If my buddy needs it, the dive is over, so if it works, it's all good.

coralcrazed
09-23-2007, 01:05
Honestly, it's an octo. I'm not looking for a high performance octo. If my buddy needs it, the dive is over, so if it works, it's all good.
the issue IS if it will work and perform for your buddy... remember that when you share air with a buddy you kinda take your life and his in your hands. No one wants to use one but honestly if it does happen I want to know that me and my buddy will be safe. Having said that I know this is no top of the line octo but its slim lined and low profile and really cool looking so hopefully it works well too.

Zenagirl
09-23-2007, 08:14
My first octo was the vyper and I found it to breathe wet and a little harder than I wanted for an emergency. If I adjusted it to breathe easier, it freeflowed too easily, so I sold it.

comet24
09-25-2007, 02:13
I have one that sat in my room for years. Needed on octo this weekend and hooked it up. Worked fine as I dived with it for a dive just to try it out. The problem I have with it is the bubble come right up into your face. But again it's an octo so doesn't really matter.