PDA

View Full Version : hard headed

PyrateDiver
05-25-2013, 13:42
guilty as charged
many people tried to tell me dont task load with a camera until after you master basic diving
i did not listen
been reading a lot between dive trips
think i am going to leave the camera on the boat next trip
good article Push the easy button | Articles | Resources (http://www.divedir.com/Articles/push-the-easy-button.html):smiley20:

if we go in july like we hope then again in october there is plenty of time for cameras later

scubajane
05-25-2013, 17:56
the first time I held a camera underwater and attempted to take a pic I shot to the surface fortunately I was only at 15 ft but also very surprised when I broke the surface....I think it was about dive 30. Hubby takes most pics now.

mcr0112
05-31-2013, 18:53
I am very comfortable in the water and on the last trip I got a cheapie camera. It didn't take very good stills and I found myself messing with it instaed of enjoying the dive so I switched to video and just kinda point it where I'm looking and it worked great. My brother saw my results and switched to video on his go-pro or auto picture every 3 seconds. He says he enjoying the dives more as he isn't overtasking..

PyrateDiver
06-02-2013, 11:46
video is much easier
and i prefer it
on the gopro just snagging frames from the video from stills works better
nice highdef format

Diver Kat
06-02-2013, 14:37
In my early days I would never take a camera if I was worried about the site, or currents or whatever; but I got more comfortable as time passed. Although I will say it seems my pictures were better the less I knew! :smiley36:

VivaLaScuba
11-24-2014, 13:29
I am very comfortable in the water and on the last trip I got a cheapie camera. It didn't take very good stills and I found myself messing with it instaed of enjoying the dive so I switched to video and just kinda point it where I'm looking and it worked great. My brother saw my results and switched to video on his go-pro or auto picture every 3 seconds. He says he enjoying the dives more as he isn't overtasking..

This makes perfect sense. Why dive if you not going to fully enjoy the benefits from it due to "technicalities". Grab a video camera, point and shoot, and enjoy your dive like never before.

BUDMAN
11-24-2014, 18:37
This makes perfect sense. Why dive if you not going to fully enjoy the benefits from it due to "technicalities". Grab a video camera, point and shoot, and enjoy your dive like never before.

unless you dive to enjoy photography then it's not a problem.

bennerman
11-24-2014, 18:59
One of the benefits of doing confined in a quarry vs a pool: Still stuff to photograph, but the water is 100% static

Something worth considering

Charon
11-25-2014, 08:16
I've got a Tachyon Micro HD. I put it on a wire frame on my mask and it takes either 720p or a HD pic every 2 seconds. Two AAA batteries last 2+ hours and a 16 GB micro SD card will store 4 hours of video. I don't even have to remenmber to turn it on because it will automatically around 15 feet. I continue to use it even after getting my solo card because I don't want to spend time taking pictures/video. I want to immerse myself in the dive. The Tachyon sees everything I do and I can spend time at home re-living the trip while editing all the stuff I saw.