PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle

texdiveguy
07-14-2007, 21:22
Super product line.....but less than luster customer service.

Lucky(AR)
07-15-2007, 01:29
i love zeagle products i have a zeagle bc and air 2 the only problem i have found is 2 of the 3 local shops dont service the regs ?

Skinsfan1311
07-15-2007, 12:35

I've never had an issue with Zeagle customer service.

What specific problems did you encounter with Zeagle customer service?

przeor
07-15-2007, 13:36
I'm curious as well, it is lack of availability locally or specific dealings with the company?

Rascal1933
07-15-2007, 13:54
Hi,
Sorry texdiveguy...
Not sure of who you are dealing with on your Zeagle gear ...?

I have nothing but good experences in dealing with Zeagle.

Scott L. From Zeagle Company has gone out of his way on Customer service to fix,make right (or) do what ever it takes to make sure his companys reputation is #1.

I had a dealer that was a little slow to get my Zeagle gear fixed,So i just found another Zeagle Dealer that is Top notch and I am more than happy with now.

That new Dealer is Scuba Toy's they service what they sell! http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif
They are a factory authorized Zeagle store/dealer and Service center.

Rascal

TxHockeyGuy
07-16-2007, 14:33

Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard that about Zeagle. I haven't require any servicing for my Zeagle gear (BCD) but from all the posts I've read about them there customer service seems to have been top notch for most.

Lucky(AR)
07-16-2007, 23:45
was wandering what major difference in the old and new zeagle air 2 is beside the new de attach option

ScottZeagle
07-17-2007, 09:24
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>This is the second forum I havesaw that you posted that in, so I would appreciate it if you could expand on your statement.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Was something not handled to your satisfaction? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Did you not recieve a response to an email? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Did something happen that made you feel like you recieved poor treatment?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>We cannot help with an issue, or improve on customer service, if we are unaware of the issue.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>You can post your issue here, send me a PM, or call me directly at Zeagle....your choice.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The number to Zeagle is 813-782-5568. My direct extension is 14.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Scott</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

ScottZeagle
07-17-2007, 09:36
The main difference is, this is a Zeagle product - not an Apeks made product with the Zeagle name on it.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The new one is also less prone to free flow, the inner workings are better (in our opinion) and it looks a lot better (again, in my opinion).</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I have asked our reg people to put together a comparison chart, so that it can be clearly defined...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Scott</DIV>

Moxie
07-19-2007, 17:22
So far I've found Zeagle to be extremely quick to answer questions and super helpful. I've not had cause for concern, nor do I expect to. But I'm not surprised that Scott has taken it to find out what the problem is.

przeor
07-20-2007, 10:04
Any word from the OP on what his issue with Zeagle was?

ScottZeagle
07-20-2007, 10:36
nope....http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley21.gif

Lucky(AR)
07-22-2007, 00:16
does the new zeagle come in any colors but yellow or the black one with yellow buttons...just not a fan of yellow

ScottZeagle
07-23-2007, 08:22
Right now, they are only offered in the yellow body and black body styles...

Maybe, down the road, we can do a small run of different colors, but for now those two are the only options...

Thanks,

Scott

creggur
07-23-2007, 09:22
If you do an Octo-Z Trade in program my wife will pay a premium for Pink...

Also thanks for making the Pink Zena, that made her very happy...Should be here from ST tomorrow!!

Judestudio
07-25-2007, 19:25
Proud owner (my sister anyway) of a Zeagle BC! We didn't look at anything else, went straight to Zeagle. Zeagle + Scubatoys, I have my peace of mind for the rest of my lifesmileys/smiley4.gif

Splitlip
07-27-2007, 20:09
I found their customer support to be superb.

Zenagirl
07-28-2007, 09:28
It's mostly due to the excellent customer service from both Zeagle and ScubaToys that my husband bought Zeagle regs instead of Atomic. He's since become a complete Zeagle-phile by now buying a new Ranger LTD.

My brainwashing is complete....we're a Zeagle family with our Zeagle BCs and Regs! ;)

Skinsfan1311
07-29-2007, 10:26
It's mostly due to the excellent customer service from both Zeagle and ScubaToys that my husband bought Zeagle regs instead of Atomic. He's since become a complete Zeagle-phile by now buying a new Ranger LTD.

My brainwashing is complete....we're a Zeagle family with our Zeagle BCs and Regs! ;)

Same here!

creggur
07-29-2007, 14:55

Us too!!

Thought I was buying dive gear, not joining a cult.. Oh well, should we turn and face Zephyrhills 4 times a day or something, didn't see that in the owners manual....

ScubaToys Larry
07-29-2007, 15:00
Thought I was buying dive gear, not joining a cult.. Oh well, should we turn and face Zephyrhills 4 times a day or something, didn't see that in the owners manual....

With your snorkel, you must make a large Z into the air before and after each dive... Much like Zoro... But you don't actually have to cut anything.

TxHockeyGuy
07-29-2007, 16:36

With your snorkel, you must make a large Z into the air before and after each dive... Much like Zoro... But you don't actually have to cut anything.

Snorkel? I don't need to stinkin snorkel.

creggur
07-29-2007, 19:00

Then I shall do it with my Zeagle Dive Knive, or my Zeagle EMC Shears, or My Zeagle Slate....

JK... Not that far gone yet!!!:smilie39:

ScottZeagle
07-31-2007, 10:55
So, if I am reading this all correctly, we have a thread starter who is unhappy - but has not returned to justify his unhappiness, and a bunch of satisfied Zeagle junkies???

I love this thread...

:D

TAH 73
07-31-2007, 11:35
Pretty much.

reservecops
07-31-2007, 11:56
So, if I am reading this all correctly, we have a thread starter who is unhappy - but has not returned to justify his unhappiness ...Twenty bucks says he's a liberal ... :)

Moxie
07-31-2007, 14:50
Now Scott, is there any word on PINK zeagle products?????? Pink is great, nobody steals your gear.

sidneydiver
07-31-2007, 16:52
I love Zeagle. I started off with a Zena which I LOVE! It's so comfortable I don't feel like I'm wearing it. However I have outgrown it experience-wise and I need a BC with more options so what did I buy? A Ranger LTD. I have yet to dive it, but it's sitting there looking at me longingly!

creggur
07-31-2007, 16:53
Now Scott, is there any word on PINK zeagle products?????? Pink is great, nobody steals your gear.

My wife loves her pink Zena....If I could put a pink bladder on it, I think she would make me buy one.....:smiley19:

ScubaToys Larry
07-31-2007, 18:18

My wife loves her pink Zena....If I could put a pink bladder on it, I think she would make me buy one.....:smiley19:

Ok... Hope she's not on the board... Yes, I can get you a pink bladder.

TommyB
07-31-2007, 18:46

And I just saw a set of Candy-Cotton Pink Tanks sitting on the floor at the shop.
That would pretty much match out her fashion statement:smiley_afro:

creggur
07-31-2007, 20:04
Ok... Hope she's not on the board... Yes, I can get you a pink bladder.

Maybe around Christmas time.... I think we've contributed enough to your retirement this month, need to contribute a little to mine for a few months!!

ScottZeagle
07-31-2007, 23:07

With the exception of the single bag bladders, you can have almost any part of the BC in pink...all it takes is a little time and money!

Moxie
07-31-2007, 23:49
Yippee! I gots money and time.... I can have pink!!!

cutter77
08-02-2007, 22:24
Gear to get you there..........and back.
Sums it up.

firstdive2005
01-05-2008, 11:55
Hey Guys! I'm all Zeagled up, brigade/octo air2, envoy regs and love them. One issue and its the RCMP that may put me on the list if I dont change out the 'marican flag on my chest strap. I'm proud of my big brudder down south however I need to fly my colours. So how do I find a genuine Zeagle Canuck flag to fly on my proud chest/bc. O ya the other reason I need to change the flag is I'll get less yapping about lousy tipping. Oh Oh what did I start.:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smi lie39::smilie39: (really do need the flag though)

cutter77
01-08-2008, 22:37
"Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard that about Zeagle."

FOUNDATIONER
01-09-2008, 09:09
I love my Zeagle Envoy Deluxe regulator!
You can have one too at Zeagle Envoy Deluxe Regulator, Regulators, Zeagle, Zeagle Envoy Deluxe Regulator (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=EnvoyDeluxe)

Customer Service?
What other company (other than Scubatoys) can you call/email/pm
on some chat board/smoke signal/whatever and talk directly to the
owner one on one about his products and or services? Oh yeah,
ZEAGLE. jeeeez.

Rockhound76
02-13-2008, 15:33
The guy must have some other bone to pick...I got my old faithful Zeagle back after a minor factory repair in November (a non-structure separation in the bladder cover). It looks and dives like new again (thanks for the warranty service!). They even upgraded the inflator.

This BC has been "rode hard and put up wet" or is it, "rode wet and put up..." Anyway, it's had hard service and I couldn't be happier with the quality and how well it's held up.

scuba pup
03-09-2008, 21:27
got my wife the all pink zena ...looks fantastic
if zeagle ever makes a pink 35lb bladder ill have one instantly
to complete it (and ill have a red one 4 my ranger ):smiley20:
very quick turnaround from ordering to receiving in australia
nice work

beperkins
10-16-2008, 10:04
Seems like they are helpful, i.e. Scott providing his direct extension on this forum. I darn sure wouldn't do that. I'd have annoying customers calling me all day taking me away from ST forum.:smiley2:

monant
10-16-2008, 11:46
Zeagle has answered my e-mails quickly and sent parts just as fast.

mr_tabasco
10-16-2008, 12:51
Scott are you sure you didn't start this thread? :smiley2: It sure seems like a overall good recomendation for Zeagle with all of the compliments and only the one undefned complaint. It has to be frustrating to have someone just through a dart at you without even telling you what you did wrong. Personally I have had not need to use the Zeagle customer service since the products work so great! One more vote for Zeagle!

ScottZeagle
10-16-2008, 15:13
Yeah, this is one of my favorite threads ever...

I think that Zak from Mares started it though!

;)

(just joking, Zak is a great guy)

Crimediver
10-16-2008, 19:03
Another plug for Zeagle. I have one I have had for over 12 years still going strong. I use it for public safety diving in bad conditions. It is faded but functional. I have several Zeagles. A Ranger /Tech hybrid and a Zeagle 911, and a Ranger LTD. All work very well and are reliable. I also have several other brands such as Deepoutdoors, OMS and assorted BP/wings. They also are good products. What sets my Zeagles apart is the customer service I have had from Zeagle. I needed a repair and they took care of it for me with a fast turnaround and at no charge, even though I was prepared to pay. Try that with OMS. They won't answer an e-mail. Scott has responded to me promptly on line and that is very impressive. He has gotten a good rep through excellent customer service and a quality product. Thanks Scott!

Diver Kat
10-16-2008, 23:05
This is the most hysterical on-going thread I've read lately!! :smilie39: The OP makes a vague complaint and disappears (although he continues to post consistently in other threads) and everyone else posting is a bona fide member of the Zeagle cult!! I will gladly admit I am a long time member of the cult, and the one time we needed a quick fix to a BC problem, Scott came through fast and free with the part we needed. Zeagle even took care of a cosmetic issue with my Zena, when one of the panels went from purple to pink after some months. :smiley20:

My biggest complaint? My Zena is now about 6 years old and in such dang good condition, I will never be able to justify buying the newer model! :smiley19: (I have however managed to sneak in the upgrade from the Octo+ to the Octo-Z because the DH was getting one!)

Zenagirl
10-17-2008, 07:13
Kat, I feel your pain! Not only is my Zena in such great shape (being nearly 5 years old), but I discovered its the perfect BC for me when I forced Scott to fit me into a LaZer. Now I'm double "out"....there's no other BC like the Zena, I don't like any other type of BC (cumberbuns mostly), and now I'm "stuck" with an "old" BC. ;) Rough, ain't it!?! <LOL>

I'm definitely part of the Zeagle cult to the extent that my husband sold his BC and regs to switch to Zeagles....couldn't stay married to a guy who dove Aqualung, could I? :D

ScottZeagle
10-17-2008, 13:19
This is the most hysterical on-going thread I've read lately!! :smilie39: The OP makes a vague complaint and disappears (although he continues to post consistently in other threads) and everyone else posting is a bona fide member of the Zeagle cult!!

I should send the dude who started this thread a t-shirt!!!

K9Pig
10-17-2008, 17:12
This is the most hysterical on-going thread I've read lately!! :smilie39: The OP makes a vague complaint and disappears (although he continues to post consistently in other threads) and everyone else posting is a bona fide member of the Zeagle cult!!

Now that's excellant customer service right there I don't care who you are!!!! :smiley20:

KO-Texas
11-16-2010, 01:20
So, if I am reading this all correctly, we have a thread starter who is unhappy - but has not returned to justify his unhappiness, and a bunch of satisfied Zeagle junkies???

I love this thread...

I was leaning towards Zeagle for my first and from what I've read on here... possibly my last set of regs I'll need :smiley20:
Now that I see you posting on here and your genuine concern for fellow divers...
My decision will be much easier when I visit ScubaToys soon :smiley2:

KO

DMWiz
11-16-2010, 05:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

Diver Kat
11-16-2010, 08:39
ruh roh! Resurrecting another derelict thread!! :smiley36:

Of course as a card-carrying member of the Zeagle Fan Club, I have no problem with bringing back to life a boatload of Zeagle praises!:smiley20:
(Scott may not mind either ......)

Davetowz
11-17-2010, 19:23
AMEN bro, I have not had an issue with any of my Zeagle stuff that I didnt cause. My best dive bud has had many freeflow issues with his aeries stuff and I share my Z with him until his thaws!! Zeagle rox!

brojack17
11-17-2010, 20:03

Speaking of giving someone a shirt. Here's my attempt at a scuba diver on my Halloween pumpkin. Notice the Zeagle logo on the reg.

Hint hint.

Largo
11-17-2010, 20:05
Given the quality of their regs, BCs, Pinnacle wetsuits, and their choice of Seiko computers...I think that if Zeagle produced some really primo fins and maybe a jacket BC, they could totally dominate the US market.

I like them because they focus on excellent function (e.g. ZX50D reg, N2ition computer), and don't waste resources on bad designs.

Zeagle Eagle
11-17-2010, 21:43
Just because I happen to be a Deacon in the Church of the Zeagleites does not make me a cult member.

Zeus is my BC;I shall not get bent.
He maketh me to descend in green waters.
He leadeth me beside the raptures of the depths.
He restoreth my buoyancy.
He leadeth me in the paths of Octo Z for His name' sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the great drop off
I will fear no narc for Brigade,Ranger and Stiletto art with me;
Thy shears and thy SMB, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine Envoys;
Thou annointest my mask with defog; My tank runneth over.
Surely Lazor, Razor and Flathead shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will off gas in the house of Zeagle forever.

I have dived and gone to heaven

Largo
11-17-2010, 21:50
I confessed to my scuba priest how much I liked Zeagle.

He made me say 10 Hail Mares, and 10 Our Fabers.

Zeagle Eagle
11-17-2010, 22:52

:smilie39:

Foo2
11-17-2010, 23:02

Post of the week! Largo, you have done it again, my friend!

navyhmc
11-18-2010, 05:39

:smilie39: :smiley36: :smilie39: :ylsuper: :worship:

brojack17
11-24-2010, 11:47
Brown nosing works. Scott is sending me a Zeagle shirt. Brand loyalty pays off.

brojack17
11-27-2010, 21:36
Got my shirt today. Super fast shipping. Thanks Scott.

Flatliner
11-28-2010, 14:52
:smiley19:I want a shirt, why didn't I get a shirt...

Davetowz
11-28-2010, 16:53
Brown nosing works. Scott is sending me a Zeagle shirt. Brand loyalty pays off.
Uh oh, you are going to start something now.....
I want a shirt too!!

Diver Kat
11-28-2010, 20:05
Uh oh, you are going to start something now.....
I want a shirt too!!
Don't we all?????:smiley36:

Davetowz
11-28-2010, 20:06
Do we at least get to see a pic?

brojack17
11-29-2010, 12:04
Do we at least get to see a pic?

They are on page six of this thread.

bigman241
12-19-2010, 00:41
Here is my limited experience. WHen I got my gear, I got great service, from ST and zeagle. I had my custom ordered bc quickly and even on a deadline for my trip. When I got it it was alittle to big, sadly I have added a few pound, still slightly to big, I contacted St and scott, both were more then willing to help, in fact I am guessing 9 months later since I will be in florida in a few weeks, and have a trip to zeagle on my list, they would still be willing to fix it, though at this point might cost me alittle.
I bought a zeagle reg, bc, octo, and am beyond happy, when I go to a bp/w it will be zeagle, not cause my huge costly wing will fit, but because I LOVE THEIR STUFF,

OHH
I am in no way paid for my love of zeagle, nor am I being paid for saying so LOL

ganu76
08-11-2011, 07:33
This thread was... interesting. (Naw, it was pretty good.) I just wish that there was a Zeagle dealer in Birmingham, Alabama so that I could actually try out the Brigade and Stiletto. The one listed on Zeagle's website (Alabama Blue Water Adventures) says that they are NOT a Zeagle dealer when I talked to them on the phone.

I may have to call Larry and try out Zeagle's "less than luster customer service" myself.

Jacques
08-19-2011, 21:36
I have never encountered an issue with Zeagle customer service. In fact, I needed a rush repair and they offered to send my BC to the dive center where I was going on my trip if they could'nt complete the repair and get the product back to me in time.