PDA

View Full Version : Assembling Regulator Hoses

SeaDragon
06-12-2013, 01:06
So my regulator just came in the mail and I'm super excited to give it a test run. I also bought Miflex hoses and a 90° adapter for it. This is my first personal regulator and I want to be sure I'm assembling the hoses and adapter correctly.

I looked at manuals, videos, and instructions all of which clearly describe how to attach hoses to the first stage. Just to make sure I'm thinking about this correctly, this is what I understand… To attach a hose to the first stage: unscrew the LP port plugs with a hex wrench, lightly lube the hose’s o-ring (this seems to be up for debate), screw in the hose hand tight, snug the hose with a wrench SLIGHTLY (just tight enough not to be able to undo by hand). And opposite to disassemble. Please correct me if I'm wrong with any of this.

The part I'm still unsure about is attaching the hose at the second stage. I can't find anything describing how to do this. From what I can tell, it's pretty much the same as attaching at the first stage, but you need two wrenches using one to hold the second stage's nut in place while you (again, LIGHTLY) screw the hose on or off. Is this right?

And then installing the 90° adapter… Are there any differences in going about this? Is a wrench even used?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I would hate myself for killing the reg with a dumb mistake. Thanks!

navyhmc
06-12-2013, 03:55
You've got the right idea, just beyond finger tight. You don't want the hose to come loose and you don't want to risk thread damage from overtightening. Be aware of cross threading too; if it doesn't turn easily, don't force it. Unscrew it and start over.

The same goes for the second stage, just over finger tight. Usually you don't need two wrneches to tighten the 90*, but use it if needed. Double check for leaks before using.

SeaDragon
06-12-2013, 22:36
Thanks, navyhmc! I'll give it a go then.