PDA

View Full Version : Side Mount Diving

Diesel00
06-14-2013, 08:28
Not sure if this is where I should post this thread. I was seriously considering getting into SM diving. I have chatted with Navy about this but as he pointed out I'm in Florida and he is in Kansas I think. Where in Florida would be a good solid instructor to learn SM. At this time I am not thinking about cave diving but have found myself more interested in it as of late but for now like to try and learn SM.

Thanks

CWSWine
06-14-2013, 11:26
I would use Rob Neto for open water or cave training. You can just Google the name and his website will come up. He was TDI instructor of the year a couple times so he is good. The other person I would talk to is Ed at Cave Dive Adventures, he usually booked up but he seems to fit people in. Both of these are great instructors and will take the time and have years of sidemount diving.

I have been diving sidemount for three years and haven't had a tank on my back since I first started sdemount diving.

navyhmc
06-14-2013, 11:38
Thanks Dennis, I've been coaxing Diesel00 to come to the dark side and I was hoping you could give him some leads.

Diesel00
06-14-2013, 12:46
I just know it's pretty expensive to buy all of the equipment to become certify in SM... The class isn't overly expensive. I guess I will save my pennies and buy equipment when I have the cash.

CWSWine
06-14-2013, 21:00
The BC you buy depends on what kind of diving you going to do or want you to do in the future. Do you want do wrecks, deep, cave, deco or open water rec. Do you want to do single tanks - AL or Steel. I have owned and dove the Diverite EXP, Oxy Recon, UTD with the 22 and 45libs bladders, Hollis SMS100, Hollis SMS50, XDeep, and the Armadillo. Each one of those have the pros and cons and some did better with steel and others with AL.