PDA

View Full Version : coz in October is back on

PyrateDiver
07-19-2013, 22:47
we are putting our deposit down on Villa Martini tomorrow after we drive by and look at it
two tank dive in the AM first and we have the boat to ourselves

Steveo
07-20-2013, 06:40
Yea I'm happy for you. I wish I was getting to Coz this year.

Diver Kat
07-20-2013, 23:03
Good to hear!! Guess that means the little one is getting a passport?

PyrateDiver
07-27-2013, 21:28
yepppers turns out someone had bad information. the passport she got for our wedding does not expire until 2016

Zeagle Eagle
07-27-2013, 22:05
Good deal pyrate diver. Glad to hear your trip is back on. My DW and I just bought our DR tickets. We did a package this time. Plane tickets and hotel tickets all in one deal.

PyrateDiver
07-28-2013, 08:38
very cool. nnothing like booking a trip, gives you something to look forward to

Diver Kat
07-28-2013, 23:08
We're looking at back to Coz for March Spring Break, but dang tickets are NOT cheap anymore .... especially from AL!!

His wench
07-29-2013, 10:00
We're looking at back to Coz for March Spring Break, but dang tickets are NOT cheap anymore .... especially from AL!!

Kat, have yall cancelled your October trip?

Diver Kat
07-29-2013, 10:38
Kat, have yall cancelled your October trip?

NO WAY!!!!!! Just looking onto the next one after October! We've always been BIG pre-planners, but between the relocation; the DH's new job; and his medical scare, we've fallen off track. Used to be we have things booked from a year to two out. In general, we saved more $$ that way. Although these days with airlines continually changing and dropping flights, it's not as easy anymore. And I still need to find a job to help pay for these trips! (And a boss like my last one that didn't care about me taking time off to go dive!)

His wench
07-29-2013, 11:15
NO WAY!!!!!! Just looking onto the next one after October! We've always been BIG pre-planners, but between the relocation; the DH's new job; and his medical scare, we've fallen off track. Used to be we have things booked from a year to two out. In general, we saved more $$ that way. Although these days with airlines continually changing and dropping flights, it's not as easy anymore. And I still need to find a job to help pay for these trips! (And a boss like my last one that didn't care about me taking time off to go dive!)

We went this past March as well...and we've decided to never schedule a dive trip to COZ in March. March is famous for their Nortes and it was COLD!!! We had to wear jackets! LOL
There were ppl there from Minnesota wearing muscle shirts but they arrived in COZ after having below 10 degree weather. 65/68 degrees was HOT to them! Rainy with Nortes... April is much better... in our opinion anyway. ;)

PyrateDiver
07-29-2013, 11:57
YUP
Pyrate Code
If you have to wear a Jacket it aint vacation

Diver Kat
07-29-2013, 17:10
We went this past March as well...and we've decided to never schedule a dive trip to COZ in March. March is famous for their Nortes and it was COLD!!! We had to wear jackets! LOL
There were ppl there from Minnesota wearing muscle shirts but they arrived in COZ after having below 10 degree weather. 65/68 degrees was HOT to them! Rainy with Nortes... April is much better... in our opinion anyway. ;)

LOL ... musta been cause we weren't there!! :smiley36: We normally go every March- but had to postpone our trip due to the DH's illness. I can't remember ever missing a day of diving due to a norte in March. (Knock on wood!) They've come in the week before us, the week after, and one even blew in about an hour after we got off the boat! Since the DH is employed at a university, we usually have to plan our vacations around the breaks, or slow weeks. Although I think the university here isn't quite as strict, so we may have a bit more wiggle room on our dates now.

Diver Kat
07-29-2013, 17:11
YUP
Pyrate Code
If you have to wear a Jacket it aint vacation

Hmmm .... I thought pyrates were tough guys!! :smiley36: You're sounding a bit too Jack Sparrow here! :smiley2:

PyrateDiver
07-30-2013, 15:24
hadling cold does not make you a tough pirate, possibly a pirate way the heck off course

plus in the official Pyrate code, not pirate code. It states Pyrates are found in nature south of Interstate 10

scubarobin
08-01-2013, 16:38
We went in March a few years ago and had wind and rough water a couple of days. Boats at SCC (all bigger) went out every day, but that bouncing ladder was something getting back on the boat. Everyone was chilly between dives those two days too. But after that the seas flattened out, no problemo. We are thinking of going back this March.. bringing down our 25 yr old daughter and her boyfriend this time. She hasn't been to Cozumel in 9 years! He has never been, so we need perfect weather.

robin