PDA

View Full Version : Lake of the ozarks

Kidder
09-23-2007, 15:51
Hi there,
I was wondering if any had attempted to dive the lake of the ozarks lately. The vis usually bad. I was thinking about diving around our dock down there to see what I could find the coming weekend.

mdwestgrl
09-23-2007, 18:49
:smiley21:I tried it once and never again. No vis....

cummings66
09-23-2007, 21:59
It's a lake fit for boats and little else. Vis isn't what I'd call horrible with reports of it being as great as 2 feet. Not bad for looking for lost items near boat docks, but it can be dangerous if done during boating season.

Kidder
09-24-2007, 20:45
It's a lake fit for boats and little else. Vis isn't what I'd call horrible with reports of it being as great as 2 feet. Not bad for looking for lost items near boat docks, but it can be dangerous if done during boating season.

I agree, boating season is no time to be diving. I am only diving to look for stuff. Maybe it is too early... hmmmm

cummings66
09-27-2007, 11:54
Wait until January or February and you'll have an easier time at it.

Kidder
09-29-2007, 09:40
I don't think that I'd have to wait that long.May be later Oct. or Nov., Looks like I won't be doing it this year though. I need a dry suit and I'll have a new baby by then.

cummings66
10-02-2007, 21:57
What I mean by waiting isn't because of boats, it's because the later you wait the more the algae dies off and has time to sink to the bottom.

Boat traffic will drop off quite a bit soon enough, but it does take some more time to get rid of the things that cause poor vis in the water.

beperkins
10-17-2008, 10:30
A lot of stuff to be found under those big Marina docks in the winter time. I've found probably $300 total in wallets, and other junk. And yes, I try to return the wallets to their owners and usually they don't even want them b/c they have gotten new everything already.