PDA

View Full Version : For all Bacon Lovers

mcr0112
10-17-2013, 12:39
Not sure if it came thourgh or not. Not very good at posting photos.
Found a jar of BACONAISE ( condiment?) at Cracker Barrel.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=c7e677f4-3735-11e3-8d6e-002264c202e2&Aux=54|0|8D09959B2687850||0|0|0|0||&cid=d25581c162ed9d27&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=MHwyMDEzMTAxNF8xNzE4NDZfcmVzaXplZC5qcGd8aW1hZ 2UvanBlZw_3d_3d

mcr0112
10-17-2013, 12:46
Got it this time. I've just not eaten enough bacon in my life to function right.

navyhmc
10-17-2013, 14:16
The bacon is a lie.... Not very bacon-y IMO. If you want bacon flavor on a sandwich, use REAL bacon.:smiley36:

mcr0112
10-17-2013, 14:36
Unfournatlaty I am not allowed the pleasure of eating bacon or other such items due to some health iusses. My doctor said try turkey "Bacon"". I tried it & decided to do without instead so I never tried it just saw it on the shelf.
I do my diet so I can continue to dive and go on trips.

scubajane
10-17-2013, 19:49
wow... that is tough..... bacon or diving....... wow.......
I think i would have to .......gasp.......give up.....gasp.......bacon......gasp.......

I think you can get bacon flavored water.... it also comes in fish flavor.....

My sister in law is a vegan and she was eating some 'tofurky' which is turkey flavored tofu....she says it tastes just like turkey..... I asked her how long it had been since she had eaten real turkey and she said...decades...... I think her taste buds are lying to her.....it was......just nasty...

SEMO Scuba
10-18-2013, 08:52
This was listed on a NASCAR racing news website:

Bacon Beer Milkshake available at Texas: Many people tend to have hankerings for beer, milkshakes or bacon - or for that matter all three - and now thanks to Levy Restaurants and Texas Motor Speedway those cravings can be satisfied all at once. Levy Restaurants Executive Chef Joel Pena has created the Shake 'n Bacon Brew beer milkshake, a delectable, bacon-infused, alcoholic novelty concoction that will debut Oct. 31-Nov. 3 during the AAA Texas 500 NASCAR tripleheader race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. The Shake 'n Bacon Brew utilizes local Texas products in its key ingredients with the beverage featuring a signature craft beer from Rahr & Sons Brewing Co. of Fort Worth and ever-popular Blue Bell Ice Cream, a company that was founded in 1907 in Brenham, Texas. The frothy beverage consists of six ounces of Rahr & Sons Ugly Pug Black Lager, six ounces of Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream, two ounces of bacon-infused maple syrup that is mixed in a blender for a unique milkshake for adults 21 and over. The Shake 'n Bacon Brew will be poured into a 16-ounce plastic souvenir cup featuring the brew's pig mascot and then topped off with three ounces of whipped cream and bacon crumbles. Levy Restaurants also will produce a "Shirley Temple" version for those fans under 21 that have a love for bacon and milkshakes. The Shake 'n Bacon Brewless will substitute root beer for the Rahr & Sons beer and also come in the 16-ounce souvenir cup.(TMS (http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/daily-news/news-from-tms/2013/10/16/levy-restaurants-texas-motor-speedway-brew-up-new-concession-menu-item-with-bacon-infused-beer-milkshake))(10-17-2013)

mcr0112
11-07-2013, 11:40
saw an ad for I think Kansas State that promised a pound of bacon for buying a ticket. It was on a blog and couldn't copy. Yum, football & BACON.

navyhmc
11-07-2013, 12:35
football, bacon and tailgaitin'

John Yaskowich
11-07-2013, 14:29
I haven't tried them but these sound wonderful. From the latest Instructables e-mail.
Bacon and Caramel Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients

Dough:

1/4-ounce package yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour

Filling:

1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for pan
3/4 cup brown sugar, plus more for pan
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup crispy bacon chopped

Glaze:
Caramelized condensed milk and more bacon

Instructions

Glaze
Gently boil a can of Condensed milk for 3 hours and set aside to let cool.

Cinnamon Rolls
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with bacon bits. Beginning at the 15-inch side, roll up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned. Spread caramel and more bacon over slightly cooled rolls.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bacon-and-Caramel-Cinnamon-Rolls/

PyrateDiver
11-07-2013, 14:54
I dont trust doctors.
Last year my cholesterol was 240. They put me on lipator but after reading what that crap does to your liver I made a different change.
I stopped eating fast food and processed foods and went back to cooking whole items from the grocery store.
Including PORK SHOULDER, and RIBS
1 year later my Cholesterol is 140

scubajane
11-07-2013, 18:28
excellent choice Pyrate!!!! real food.... and exercise like diving.....is good for your body.....