PDA

View Full Version : heads up for the boys: HALO 3 midnight release

CrzyJay456
09-24-2007, 05:48
well, im sure all the xbox people were smart enough to reserve themselves a copy of halo 3 if they plan on having it from the first batch. we were informed at the gamestop that we will probably not even have enough copies for everyone that has it reserved........ so if you really want it, get there early, and wait a few hours to pick it up (i suggest 730-800 pm) if you really MUST have it.
good luck
and as everything that has to do with halo 3
FINISH THE FIGHT

Krakenn
09-24-2007, 06:46
Yep buying my son (9) the Limited Edition Xbox 360 in green as well to go with the same LE Halo green Xbox we already have, then Ill hide it for Xmas and then me and the boy can once more fight the Flood and the Covenant.

The big question is what am I gong to do with the 100 odd games i brought him instead of a car now that there is a new platform?

Kraks

scootermcfly
09-24-2007, 07:53
Both my boys have it reserved and paid for already. There is a Halo 2 tourny at the local Game Crazy that they are going to tonight and then they'll be able to get their new Halo 3 @ 12:01.

They already asked if they could stay home from school tomorrow if they are up all night playing the new game. Of course I said no and that i would not be happy. They should be happy I am letting them go tonight to get it.

Scooter McFly

scubasavvy
09-24-2007, 08:33
I played it the other day on some demo my brother had and didn't like it as much as Halo 2. The interface makes it much harder to play.

Black-Gorrilla
09-24-2007, 10:37
i personally preffer the gears of war interface over halo or any other first person shooter as a matter of fact... but i have to play halo 3, since i played halo 1 like 12 years ago, and then halo 2 like 6 years ago... might as well.
i suck at the online, and will likely spent a lot of time being agravated... but it should be fun... i hope.

Vercingetorix
09-24-2007, 12:04
The big question is what am I gong to do with the 100 odd games i brought him instead of a car now that there is a new platform?

KraksAre your 100 games for the basic XBox? If so, which games do you have? I might be interested in a few. Shipping from Aussie-land is fairly cheap and fast (I just got a knife from another forum member. She shipped it via the APO system, not Australian postal service))

Krakenn
09-24-2007, 19:57
Cheers Verc, I will hold on to them M8. - For me! - Shhh

Verc they are selling games for Xbox1 here at EB Games for 3 for $50 with your exchange rate at .86 you might want to contact them and have them posted off through Australia Post.

Cheers Pal

PS nice response to the impatience thread btw - for an old timer that is.

Kraks

Vercingetorix
09-25-2007, 10:42
Cheers Verc, I will hold on to them M8. - For me! - Shhh100 games...lucky devil!!!!

PS nice response to the impatience thread btw - for an old timer that is.Thanks. Ya know, if I can ever get the spousal unit to fly down under, you and I going to the Great Barrier Reef. I'll try not to leave you behind, young man.:smiley36:

scootermcfly
09-25-2007, 11:00
Update: Kids went and picked up their new game at mid-night last night and i let them play for about an hour. Now they are at school dead-tired and waiting to get home to play some more. I have to say that the speed of the game seems a little better than some of the demos that I tried which is nice and graphics are very nice.

Anyone else playing?

Scooter McFly

edge900rr
09-25-2007, 20:23
picking up my copy tomorrow...couldn't make it last night. I really need to finish Lego Star Wars II, Tiger Woods 07 & Forza 2 first.

Tableleg
09-25-2007, 20:29
A budy of mine downloaded it last Thursday and finished it by last Saturday. :smiley36: :smiley29:

CrzyJay456
09-25-2007, 21:32
Update: Kids went and picked up their new game at mid-night last night and i let them play for about an hour. Now they are at school dead-tired and waiting to get home to play some more. I have to say that the speed of the game seems a little better than some of the demos that I tried which is nice and graphics are very nice.

Anyone else playing?

Scooter McFly

fyve and black-gorrilla stayed up pretty much trough the night... they got it at midnight (as well as a buddy of Danilo's) went home, got online and played till at least 4 or 5, and danilos friend played from midnight to 2 pm. 14 hours straight, on 2 peanut butter jelly sandwiches!

Krakenn
09-25-2007, 22:51
Hey Verc

I'd dive with you anytime mate.

LOL - Scoot, I would have done the same with the kids we are just sucker Dads mate.

Kraks

DZorn00
09-26-2007, 05:41
Man I knew I should have reserved the game, no one has it at all around here. That's what I get for procrastinating.

scootermcfly
09-26-2007, 05:56
Man I knew I should have reserved the game, no one has it at all around here. That's what I get for procrastinating.

Yea, my guys reserved it as soon as you could. I think it was last spring when they reserved their copies.

Scooter McFly

foo3
09-26-2007, 10:10
i had so many guys missing from my classes the day after it was released. lol and i had one friend that stayed up until 6 in the morning to keep playing and woke up and started playing again! lord..
<33

Black-Gorrilla
09-26-2007, 14:59

Anyone else playing?

Scooter McFly

fyve and black-gorrilla stayed up pretty much trough the night... they got it at midnight (as well as a buddy of Danilo's) went home, got online and played till at least 4 or 5, and danilos friend played from midnight to 2 pm. 14 hours straight, on 2 peanut butter jelly sandwiches!

yeah, thats me. i was up till about 4 and my brother a bit longer.
my buddy that played for 14 hours straight took like a 3 hour np and was back at it for another 10 hours or so.

Charles R
09-26-2007, 15:25
Ok it wasent all that hard to get I went to Target @ 10am the next morning and they had a ton of copies I bought the limited edition one with the metal tin. for $69

Black-Gorrilla
09-29-2007, 21:28
but there is something about having it first that makes it all worth it!!
plus, if you reserve it, you're almost for sure gonna get one, and if there are problems, like there was with Gears of War (that even reserved i had a 2 day delay to get mine!!! all because of shipping problems)

NitroWill
09-29-2007, 21:40
I got this email from one of my professors..

Subject: Frequently asked question this week

Hi folks,

I have gotten many e-mails with the same question this week so I felt I would address this to the whole class. No, the Halo3 release is not a valid reason for missing an assignment this week.

---------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Professor XXXXXX
Valencia Community College, West Campus
Orlando, FL
407-XXX-XXXX

:smiley36:

thesmoothdome
09-29-2007, 22:01
I got this email from one of my professors..

Subject: Frequently asked question this week

Hi folks,

I have gotten many e-mails with the same question this week so I felt I would address this to the whole class. No, the Halo3 release is not a valid reason for missing an assignment this week.

---------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Professor XXXXXX
Valencia Community College, West Campus
Orlando, FL
407-XXX-XXXX

:smiley36:

That's too funny. Valid or not, I'm sure there'll be a lot of missed assignments this week.

Black-Gorrilla
09-30-2007, 00:26
thats awesome! i wish i had some proffesors that took the initiative to prevent stupid questions!

DivingsInMyBlood
09-30-2007, 00:35
i'll probs get a 360 in a year when the price drops then get halo 3 then and save a ton of money.

CrzyJay456
09-30-2007, 00:40
the 360 did drop in price earlier this year, and it will not drop again anytime soon.

NitroWill
10-04-2007, 19:02
Anyone wanna play some halo3? Im bedrest for several days and its been all Ive beeen doing lately!

Black-Gorrilla
10-04-2007, 20:09
look up black gorrilla (just like that) and it is me.. and Fyve is my brother... we play often...

Scubastud16
10-08-2007, 13:20
Man, what a great game. Anybody see the "Legendary" ending?

I wont ruin it, but it's good :D

datamunk
10-08-2007, 14:56
i dont have a 360, ut my roommmate does so i rented halo3... TOTALLY got it by chance.. was gettin movies and said "you didnt happento just have acopy of halo3 returned, did ya?" and sure enough they did! hah so, roommate and i beat it on heoric last night and the ending.. wow... uh... heh. :\ i suck tho.. i get torn up online pretty much :(

NitroWill
10-10-2007, 11:07
sent you a request..