PDA

View Full Version : Nitrox

paintballindivr
07-14-2007, 23:37
My father and I have been diving for a year now and after we come in from a dive trip we are obviously exhausted. I have heard that if you dive nitrox that it helps with giving you energy when finished. Can someone explain that too me i know its a noobie question I was just wondering if it is something my father and I should really invest in now or wait a few years and get advanced and rescue certified. Thanks

Joew
07-15-2007, 01:58
There is some effect, but it could just be a placebo for many people. I've notice that I get a little drained sometimes after doing deeper (120-130')dives on air. Does anyone know if nitrogen loading causes fatigue? There could also be a revitalizing effect of the higher o2 in nitrox.

cummings66
07-15-2007, 08:23
It's placebo as far as I and most of my buddies are concerned. Learn how to do deep stops and come up slower most likely. I found that in the beginning I too got tired and after more dives discovered that proper ascents stopped that tired feeling.

mwhities
07-18-2007, 22:34
There is some effect, but it could just be a placebo for many people. I've notice that I get a little drained sometimes after doing deeper (120-130')dives on air. Does anyone know if nitrogen loading causes fatigue? There could also be a revitalizing effect of the higher o2 in nitrox.

Who goes deeper than 120-130 fsw on AIR? :confused:

Michael

CompuDude
07-18-2007, 22:59

Who goes deeper than 120-130 fsw on AIR? :confused:

Michael

Lots of people do, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Joew
07-19-2007, 00:31
There is some effect, but it could just be a placebo for many people. I've notice that I get a little drained sometimes after doing deeper (120-130')dives on air. Does anyone know if nitrogen loading causes fatigue? There could also be a revitalizing effect of the higher o2 in nitrox.Who goes deeper than 120-130 fsw on AIR? :confused: Michael

My previous post was a little confusing. I was refering to relatively deeper rec dives in the 120-130' range, not deeper than that.